Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:42 am 

EDIT: Thanks Bob.. we blew my cover at the same time... :butthead:

Hello,

I am Joe McAllister from http://www.muzzlemack.com

Bob and I share the same concerns about safety & function in modifying this particular line of Air Guns.

Bob and I have collaborated on a few projects and go back a ways on other forums...

We collaborated on my extended bulk valve adapter in order to make a safer HPA/PCP conversion for the 22xx line.

He's the brains/Techie... I'm just a thinker and tinker with a little machine shop with some time on my hands.... :mrgreen:

We both will pick apart each others designs and look for flaws in order to produce it "right" the first time out.

Bob invited me to come take a look see to get my impressions...

Will that do Walter?

Fair warning... I have a strange sense of humor....

"Get your plink on"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:56 am 

BTW.... Bob is a much better Tech Writer than me...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:10 am 

yourdaddyjoe wrote:
EDIT: Thanks Bob.. we blew my cover at the same time... :butthead:

Hello,

I am Joe McAllister from http://www.muzzlemack.com

Bob and I share the same concerns about safety & function in modifying this particular line of Air Guns.

Bob and I have collaborated on a few projects and go back a ways on other forums...

We collaborated on my extended bulk valve adapter in order to make a safer HPA/PCP conversion for the 22xx line.

He's the brains/Techie... I'm just a thinker and tinker with a little machine shop with some time on my hands.... :mrgreen:

We both will pick apart each others designs and look for flaws in order to produce it "right" the first time out.

Bob invited me to come take a look see to get my impressions...

Will that do Walter?

Fair warning... I have a strange sense of humor....

"Get your plink on"

Welcome Joe. Did not realize you 'knew' Bob and so your jumping in seemed rather rude from out here.

When it comes to safe 22xx conversions if you know anything about me you will know I have been a proponent of safe and only safe 22xx PCP and QB PCP conversions for many years. I built the first ones around back about '99 IIRC.
So enjoy and feel free to humour us with your wit :)
Walter....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:25 am 

Walter....

I invited Joe to have a look at K_G's idea.... and post his thoughts.... :wink:

I just want to add that although we all give K_G a bad time about safety issues.... and he doesn't at times have a good grasp of just how long it takes to make custom parts.... he is an enthusiatic member of CAF and I think should be commended for his original thinking in coming up with the idea of eliminating the restriction around the valve head and increasing the volume with the basic design he posted that started this thread.... I think it has merit, or I wouldn't be trying to refine it.... 8)

Well done, Kinetic_Genius.... you've given all the "experts" something new to think about.... :drinkers:

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:39 am 

James Perroti did this very thing sometime ago in a wild and powerful 392 getup.
Called it a spool valve and is most interesting if you can find the post. Should be on the Green and on the Yellow.
It works for making power for sure.

KG, indeed keep up the good ideas, I mean no ill will. :):)

Walter....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:43 am 

What they said...

AG points for Kinetic_Genius!
(I would insert the clapping smile... but I don't see one)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 am 

Should have know it was done before.... :roll: .... but still, full points to K_G.... I certainly never thought of it.... :oops:

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:37 pm 
Supporting Members

Hey, great post!! Glad to see this one turned out better :mrgreen: Its great to be apart of this type of conversation. You never know what great idea may come from such discussions.

My 2cents.......im still fond of the dump valve. Eliminating the hammer all together. I wish one of you gurus would take some time to improve on its basic design. IMO its the best way to release pressure as quickly as possible.........but I could be wrong :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:38 pm 
Supporting Members

Wait,NM...........I dont think that would work well on a CO2 gun, just a pump :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:42 pm 

notec wrote:
Hey, great post!! Glad to see this one turned out better :mrgreen: Its great to be apart of this type of conversation. You never know what great idea may come from such discussions.

My 2cents.......im still fond of the dump valve. Eliminating the hammer all together. I wish one of you gurus would take some time to improve on its basic design. IMO its the best way to release pressure as quickly as possible.........but I could be wrong :)

I love my 1400s and 140s for the way they shoot and sound, pure delight eh Lauchlin :)

If a fella wanted a low force on a trigger I would investigate a ' Pilot operated relief valve' do a search on that and you will see how to make a cool blow off valve with unlimited potential. I built one of these for a .32 cal then tuned it for about 6 shots per fill. The trouble was though it gives little feedback of reservoir pressure and so no possibility of a bell curve.
for a blowoff valve it would be awesome and I may use it for that a dumper of big proportions :)

Walter....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 pm 
Supporting Members

Thats what im talking about :mrgreen: Dumping the most air possible and a fairly long barrel to get the lead flying :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:08 pm 

Quote:
I love my 1400s and 140s for the way they shoot and sound, pure delight eh Lauchlin :)

You have that right ..........

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:02 pm 

I was thinking about having a custom valve dump being made using a rekord style trigger to help ease the pull of the trigger at higher psi but I was told that the seals go fast on valve dump style valves...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:37 pm 

Quote:
seals go fast on valve dump style valves...

I don't know about that i find they stand up well ..........

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:55 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
Quote:
seals go fast on valve dump style valves...

I don't know about that i find they stand up well ..........

I see.. I guess on the other hand a valve dump style valve is a lot more harder and time consumming to make than a ordinary valve with a valve stem *COUGH*jezx*COUGH*