Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:22 pm 

Way to put Jezx down, you haven't learned anything have you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:04 pm 

DerekVinyard wrote:

So that is what that was, missed that.

Sooo KG, you are on your own to make stuff and come up with ideas that have been done before.

JezX is good people in my books.

Walter....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:38 pm 

Well here is the result of your prodding, K_G....

Attachment:
2-Piece Disco Valve.JPG

It uses a Disco poppet, because by doing that I was able to enlarge the bore to 1/4".... The space between the flats is over 1", so the volume is over 7 cc.... It uses a 2289 spring.... I even made an installing tool for the front portion that holds the spring in the valve so that you can slide it in....

Attachment:
2-Piece Valve & Installer.JPG

Attachment:
2-Piece Valve Rear.JPG

The stem is 0.15" further forward than on a Disco, otherwise it should drop into a Disco tube.... It's bored for a 1/4" poly tube transfer port, and the angled exhaust port is larger than the ID of the poly, so the transfer port will be the most restricted part.... You will probably need a longer hammer to open the valve properly.... :roll:

You better go find yourself a Disco valve stem, a 2289 valve spring, a 1/8" male to 1/8" female NPT fitting and Disco gauge, three Disco valve screws, and three O-rings plus some 1/4" poly tubing, because I'm sending you the aluminum parts I machined (plus the installation tool) next week, free of charge.... :shock:

I have about 8 hours of shop time, plus an equal amount of thinking into this.... I figure I can't possibly charge for my time, so to thank you for the idea, I've decided to just send the parts.... :mrgreen:

ENJOY.... and let us all know how it works.... :wink:

Bob

Last edited by rsterne on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:18 pm 
Supporting Members

Wow, cant wait to see the results of that setup :shock: Awesome!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:38 pm 

DerekVinyard wrote:

I am not putting jezx down, I am just saying he had a negative opinion on valve dumps and I figure he didn't wanted to make anymore valves for me because he had already made me 4 or 5.. :lol: I did learn something and that is my obsession with building my 2240 pump rifle and trying to get it to work has costed me a lot of friends at this forum! I can understand why no one wants to make another valve for me because it's a very sensitive issue..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:53 pm 

Kinetic_Genius wrote:
DerekVinyard wrote:

I am not putting jezx down, I am just saying he had a negative opinion on valve dumps and I figure he didn't wanted to make anymore valves for me because he had already made me 4 or 5.. :lol: I did learn something and that is my obsession with building my 2240 pump rifle and trying to get it to work has costed me a lot of friends at this forum! I can understand why no one wants to make another valve for me because it's a very sensitive issue..

well you cannot say that as Bob just made you a bunch of pieces.

Good to hear you are not dissing JezX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:52 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
Kinetic_Genius wrote:
DerekVinyard wrote:

well you cannot say that as Bob just made you a bunch of pieces.

Good to hear you are not dissing JezX

Jezx has done a lot for me and has already done enought but has failed to do what everyone else at the forums has tried to do and that is making a reliable valve that doesn't break down fast! I have gotten so close reaching that goal and finally cracked the problem that plagued me with all of my other valve designs but I have run out of luck getting anyone to do me a valve.. So I guess I am pretty much f**'d! I am at good terms with Bob but I do not want to exploit his generousity or down right piss him off! I will take my valve design to a local machinist but I fear they lack the finess that you forum members have when it comes to making airgun parts!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Kinetic_Genius wrote:

Jezx has done a lot for me and has already done enought but has failed to do what everyone else at the forums has tried to do and that is making a reliable valve that doesn't break down fast! I have gotten so close reaching that goal and finally cracked the problem that plagued me with all of my other valve designs but I have run out of luck getting anyone to do me a valve.. So I guess I am pretty much f**'d! I am at good terms with Bob but I do not want to exploit his generousity or down right piss him off! I will take my valve design to a local machinist but I fear they lack the finess that you forum members have when it comes to making airgun parts!

Sounds like your down to the Ole "if you want it done right , do it yourself" quandry. Don't get me wrong. What I am saying is just because someone can machine parts, doesn't mean that they are mind readers. All this time spent antagonizing different machinists whose final products havn't quitecome up to your expections may well have been better spent on obtaining your own lathe and mill. Love to see the products that came out of that Fertile mind and imagination of yours. 8) Little bit of time and training and your achievements could really be something. And if something didn't really perform to your expectations. You would know whom to blame. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 pm 

scruffie wrote:
Kinetic_Genius wrote:

Sounds like your down to the Ole "if you want it done right , do it yourself" quandry. Don't get me wrong. What I am saying is just because someone can machine parts, doesn't mean that they are mind readers. All this time spent antagonizing different machinists whose final products havn't quitecome up to your expections may well have been better spent on obtaining your own lathe and mill. Love to see the products that came out of that Fertile mind and imagination of yours. 8) Little bit of time and training and your achievements could really be something. And if something didn't really perform to your expectations. You would know whom to blame. :wink:

Yeah well I thought about that but I ain't gonna quit my day job (litterally)! First things first, I will have to finish paying my tax debt and apply for rrsp so I don't get hit hard by the government next year again! There is a school just 2 blocks away from my appartment that offers courses in machining, maybe I can sneak some parts there when I use their machines.. I have some more valve designs that will surely blow people's minds!