Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:25 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

A little trick about shooting Toothpicks from 33' with a scope .
The trick is to stick little circle of paper on them to make them more visible
specially if you have over 63 years old eyes like me . :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:04 pm 

That is some mighty fine shooting my friend.I am in awe! Head shots of plastic toy soldiers is the smallest to date but I will give the toothpicks a try.I imagine there would be a frustration factor to overcome.Thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:06 pm 

Under500fps, just a thought but what if you put the little ball on the bottom of the tooth pick ? That way you can shoot pieces off the tooth picks starting from the top .
Also a note about your age. I'm glad your still finding an intrest in airguns ! Your an inspiration ! I can see my self shootinig airguns in 80's. The rest of them can grow old. But not us !

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 pm 

I don't know how many of you have tried this, (chime in if you have) but as a kid we used to drill several small holes about a 1/4" deep into a bit of wood, then get a few boxes of "Strike-Anywhere" wooden matches, stand them upright in the holes, & try to light them with our pellet guns by barely nicking the tops - from similar distances.
Thanks for the memories there, 'under500'
:)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:53 pm 

lol great shooting! i will applause you for it lol(although i can be an arse lol)ok heres the arsehole side of me lol what did you shoot em with a .22 or .177?

no but really great job i am lucky if i can hit toothpicks at 10m with .177 scoped.great job.

crosman phantom 500 .22 modded
colt 1911 a1 .177
crosman 150 .22
beeman p17
crosman 38c .22
benji 397 .177
soon benji disco .22
too many powder burners to list.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:47 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

kenneth carlson wrote:
lol great shooting! i will applause you for it lol(although i can be an arse lol)ok heres the arsehole side of me lol what did you shoot em with a .22 or .177?

no but really great job i am lucky if i can hit toothpicks at 10m with .177 scoped.great job.

I use my Daisy 853c or my Crosman Challenger 2000 with a 4x32 scope on them for toothpick shooting
in a sitting position .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:03 pm 

Something I have started doing on my "indoor range" is using an old CD as the target. I set it up in a duct seal pellet trap and aim for the hole in the center.

I turn sixty in August by the way.

I had a bunch of coffee coasters kicking around from a CD burner that crapped out a lot on those VERBATIM CD-R pieces of crap. I also get a bunch when I clean up the drives at work after the students go back to school in the summer. They always leave a disc with MP3 downloads in their desktop drive.

Best I've done so far is five shots without breaking it...it's a pretty tight group.

Barry Manilow discs are actually more suitable for trap and skeet. :twisted: