Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Hope for FT in BC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:28 am 

BCGunner wrote:
Hi Old Van. If you were to bring the targets, we would be able to shoot FT in BC. Right now we have been working towards having enough targets to get a fun shoot going. 25 as a start, and an offer for another 25, I will have to say, I'm ready to fall out of my chair at your kind offer! On behalf of everyone here, I say Thank you very much! I look forward to meeting you and shooting with you at the club.

I will bring 50. I didn't know that it was so hard to get targets in BC. In SA there are about 5 different guys close to me who make very high quality targets. Then we also get the Gamo ones in most sport shops. Getting rifles is an different story, and when we manage to get them we pay 1.5 to 2 times what you guys pay. I waited 8 months for a Daystate Huntsman and it cost me $2000 in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 am 

I'm very happy to hear you are moving to Canada Old Van, and bringing a piece of SA FT with you.

I have admired the vision and zeal of the South African FT leadership. I met the SA team at the 2007 US Nationals. They left a very positive impression, making their country proud.

One of our shooters from Canada, and fellow Field Target governor, attended the 2009 Worlds in South Africa. You may have met George. He was also very impressed with the organization and effort put forward by the organizers.

Field Target in Canada has been essentially contained to Ontario. BC it the first province to officially form a FT club outside of the province of Ontario.

We have only one offical target manufacturer (that I am aware of), and is located in Ontario. Gamo targets are also available retail here. The US has a few target makers as well.

I think your arrival is providential. Your experience and desire to contribute and assist will be extremely beneficial during these infancy stages out there.

Welcome aboard.

Please contact any of the governors if we can be of assistance.

Best of luck to you guys in BC.

Old Van wrote:
BCGunner wrote:
Hi Old Van. If you were to bring the targets, we would be able to shoot FT in BC. Right now we have been working towards having enough targets to get a fun shoot going. 25 as a start, and an offer for another 25, I will have to say, I'm ready to fall out of my chair at your kind offer! On behalf of everyone here, I say Thank you very much! I look forward to meeting you and shooting with you at the club.

I will bring 50. I didn't know that it was so hard to get targets in BC. In SA there are about 5 different guys close to me who make very high quality targets. Then we also get the Gamo ones in most sport shops. Getting rifles is an different story, and when we manage to get them we pay 1.5 to 2 times what you guys pay. I waited 8 months for a Daystate Huntsman and it cost me $2000 in the end.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:34 am 

Thank you everyone. I'm really looking forward to settling in Canada. Knowing I'll be able to join an FT club, will make my life so much more enjoyable. Yes, FT is big in South Africa, and although we came second in the worlds, we have some very good FT shooters here. We regularly have 50 participants at shoots. We're not as big as the UK guys, but I would love to share what I know with the WCFTC guys. I'm purchasing 50 targets from the guy who made the targets for the worlds, and will be bringing them along for the club.

If you guys want to know more about the airgun scene in South Africa, feel free to join our forum, as per my signature. Morris has already made a few acquaintances on our forum.

Deon.