Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:15 am 

windbag wrote:
Congrats! Can't wait to see that one! My 100S required Millet Angle Loc High's to mount my 4200 8-32. The medium's were a smidge too low. Can't speak for the Sportsmatch but I think it best you wait to get your hands on the rifle first as the barrel band may come into play on the shorter model...
Thanks for the info, and good point about the barrel band - I hadn't thought of that! Any chance you can post a pic of your rifle showing the clearance you have between the scope and barrel/receiver? Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:24 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
Does anybody know if I'd be able to get away with Sportsmatch Low mounts to install the Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x42 on the HW?
Just answered my own question - apparently Sportsmatch doesn't make a low set of mounts for a 30mm tube, even though some vendors advertise them as such. Only mediums and highs are available.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:44 pm 

After a long wait I finally received this little beauty.
Did some quick testing yesterday and found I could get 30 shots on a fill averaging 982.2 fps with JSB Exacts (8.4gr)
I'm going to call Weihrauch and ask for my money back. They stated this rifle would shoot 18fpe, and I'm only seeing 17.998fpe :lol:
Needless to say I'm VERY happy with this shooter. Very small and relatively lightweight, and I can shoot half a HFT match on a fill....perfect :)
An unexpected bonus is the very slick lever action that cycles the 14 shot magazine with such ease you don't even feel like you're cycling a repeater.
I have to admit this is even slicker than the action on my AA S410 was.
I'm also very happy with the size/shape of the stock. Weihrauch did a great job creating a carbine stock that still fits adult shooters.
Now to get out and actually shoot it!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:04 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

You've got yourself a sweet rig Tom... 8) Congrats!...

The HW would be on my short list for sure...
As far as an Ultimate HFT rig goes, anything that can actually group well enough to give a fellow a sporting chance and help his/her game progress... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:03 am 

Parker_101_ wrote:
As far as an Ultimate HFT rig goes, anything that can actually group well enough to give a fellow a sporting chance and help his/her game progress... :wink:

I'm hoping this rifle is capable of groups like the HW windbag owns! :shock: The weather is looking good for Saturday, so hopefully I can get to the range early enough to at least start sighting this rig in.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:36 am 

For my ultimate rig - I just ordered a Daystate Air Ranger PCP, in .22cal, and 60ft lbs of delivered power. For a scope, I got a Bushnell 6500 Elite
Tactical 4-16x, 42 mm objective. So why these choices you may ask. Well, the Daystate has an amazing walnut stock, nicest I have ever seen, PCP for quick repeat firing and raw pellet power when charged to 3200 psi. This rifle is more for working at 50+ yards, so I need a long range scope - the 6500 works down to 10 yds, so I can shoot short, and long with a 16x magnification. This rifle is regarded as one the best rifles on the planet for a combination of hunting and target with enough energy to put holes through a 2x4 using a 29-40 grain pellet, and grouping at 1" over 100 yds if you believe the bench testers - its the absolute critter gun. My copy does not arrive until June sometime - so I'll post a review when I get to shoot the rig.

Comments from anyone?

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:03 am 

Pumpmaster wrote:
I'm looking to purchase a rifle and scope for a hunter field target rig.
This will also double as my "fun gun" as it will be used for plinking, casual target shooting etc.
I have a pretty good idea as to what I want, but I was wondering what everyone else would consider their ultimate hunter rig?
Which rifle? Which scope? Which caliber? Why? Why? Why?
Thanks!

Theoben Rapid MK2 (.22 ,30fpe), MTC Taipan 6-24X56

Why? because you can fix it easy in the field, shoots consistent and accurate for hunting or FT

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:59 am 

Quote:
Daystate Air Ranger PCP, in .22cal, and 60ft lbs of delivered power

Can the Daystate be turned down to under 20 FPE for FT?.... How is the consistency at that power level?....

Quote:
Theoben Rapid MK2 (.22 ,30fpe),

Same questions....

Bob

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:36 pm 

Ya, I think you guys are confusing HFT (Hunter Field Target) and hunting.
Power is limited to below 20fpe in HFT.
So....nice rigs, but wrong application.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:42 pm 

I'm still waiting for my hw100 and daystate ranger to arrive at the door. Not sure which one I'll shoot first...

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:53 pm 

DerekVinyard wrote:
I'm still waiting for my hw100 and daystate ranger to arrive at the door. Not sure which one I'll shoot first...

:shock: Can you even sleep at night???? :o :lol:
That's quite the order, post some pics once those beauties arrive!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:58 pm 

Quote:
Can you even sleep at night????

You wanna buy a bridge?.... :roll: .... I'm just gonna go waayyyyyyyy out on a limb here and figure DV is pulling our legs.... :mrgreen:

Bob

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:09 pm 

lol... I'm waiting... One day they will arrive, but I certainly didn't order any yet. :)

rsterne wrote:
Quote:
I'm just gonna go waayyyyyyyy out on a limb here and figure DV is pulling our legs.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:07 am 

First things first, what about that 760 ????

Jeff

Make a fast friend. Adopt a greyhound.
WAGG. Waterloo Area Greyhound Group.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:50 am 

I'm still saving up...