Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Maritime FT..?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:29 am 

Is there any matches in NB or NS?

Post subject: Re: Maritime FT..?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:31 am 

or PE!!! :) We should organise one...my dad has about 15 acres we could use.... :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:46 am 

sound good ! i'm not in maritime yet but we are concidering mooving whitin the year or ni the beganing of next year around halifax. (or could be to the west coast around the island) will depend on the assingment , so i'm interested on both side :P

dasy 953 , ncstar 3-9x42 compact
crosman mk1
crosman quest 500x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:03 pm 

Someone just has to step up like BCGunner did, get some interested people to chip in and set something up. Once someone does that, they will wonder why they took so long to get something going. Get a place, set a time and ask folk to bring any airgun targets they may have and just enjoy a day of shooting. If the group wants to do that regularly or set up an official FT club, discuss it, divide up the tasks and go to it.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm 

i would but right now i don't know where i will be assing so i'm kinda stuck in incertitude .

crosman mk1
crosman quest 500x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:47 am 

Mac wrote:
Someone just has to step up like BCGunner did, get some interested people to chip in and set something up. Once someone does that, they will wonder why they took so long to get something going. Get a place, set a time and ask folk to bring any airgun targets they may have and just enjoy a day of shooting. If the group wants to do that regularly or set up an official FT club, discuss it, divide up the tasks and go to it.

Tim

I'd do it but the the problem down here is everyone is so spread out...the city's are all just about 125km apart...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:01 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

NBLongRanger wrote:
Mac wrote:

Tim

I'd do it but the the problem down here is everyone is so spread out...the city's are all just about 125km apart...

Quite a few of us make that sort of drive regularly to attend a match ... Car pooling is an option worth exploring... :wink:
I have to drive past Niagara Falls when heading to Port Colbourne and on occasion the kids and I will take the scenic route back and make it part of a fun day out.... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:55 am 

Well anyone interested in doing something like this post up and we'll try to get a day setup...I personally don't have any private land, but there's public land availible all over lower NB..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 pm 

poil27 wrote:
i would but right now i don't know where i will be assing so i'm kinda stuck in incertitude .

I hate it when I don't know where to buttock.

8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:21 pm 

lh wrote:
poil27 wrote:

8)

scuse my english ... it may be verry bad . it's not my first language :rolleyes:

crosman mk1
crosman quest 500x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:43 pm 

poil27 wrote:
lh wrote:
poil27 wrote:

8)

scuse my english ... it may be verry bad . it's not my first language :rolleyes:

Just having fun with you... no offence intended. Ma francais et super mauvais.
:bear:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:52 pm 

mwjones wrote:
or PE!!! :) We should organise one...my dad has about 15 acres we could use.... :)

Let's do it just as an informal get together. I took my 2240 (unmoded) out today and it's just about warm enough for CO2

Maybe Easter long weekend in April, I will bring out my arsenal and give your dad a chance (anybody else for that matter) to try out some nice air guns.

PM me and we will get something started.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:18 pm 

I too was out shooting some old cabinet doors this afternoon, 115yards was 6mils high from max elevation <---Very happy with that! Breech started to get some cold when the sun started to drop though...Just makes me want HPA even more :)

I'd be up for a good ole dublin time on saturday night lol, What day would you be thinking if it were to be?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:11 pm 

My dad has some guys coming over pretty much every saturday afternoon, trying to set up a kind of informal archery club. Real purist guys, though, that are mainly into primitive archery, that probably wouldn't be interested in any airgunning stuff. Wouldn't hurt to ask, though. We're in the summerside area. Anyone from ns and nb, that's just across the bridge from the mainland pretty much. I'll be over there this weekend, and I'll see if there's any real interest :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:39 pm 

Many moons ago I'd asked my father about joining the archery club in SJ...never happened but always had the interest..
I pretty much like anything that hurtles something through the air accurately :lol: