Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: "new" quest trigger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:10 pm 

ahh,
i saw a quest at crappy. said it has a "new and improved trigger" or something like that. my question is- how much better is that over the stock one, and vs charlies???

thank you.
get funky!!!!

sub 500 .177 Hatsan mod 33 with Quattro trigger open sites

Post subject: Re: "new" quest trigger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:02 pm 

Its a 2 stage trigger, alot better than the original.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:20 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

It is slightly better than the prior version, but is not the same trigger as Woodward designed (i.e. the unit like tuna sells) trigger. Also note the difference between the picture on the box (brass/gold trigger) and what in fact is on the rifle- a plain black trigger.

Bottom line, the adjustment is slightly better than the earlier trigger, but still too much creep. The aftermarket triggers are still the way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:35 am 

I thought it was worlds better, but I guess that may be a personal opinion I guess. GTX is the trigger of choice for me on these guns either way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:42 pm 

yea, GTX or Charlies, that what i was thinking. just wanted to check it out with ya'll.

thanks

sub 500 .177 Hatsan mod 33 with Quattro trigger open sites

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:07 pm 

Basically the same as the old, but with some slight changes and you get a nice cast iron trigger blade.

Image Image

Image Image

And you can make it into a true two stage trigger. :wink: 8)

Image Image

I got rid of the front adjustment screw. It interferes with the front safety. With the front adjustment screw working, the trigger ended up too far back for my liking. This is due to way too much sear overlap.
I reduced the sear overlap by about half, which cuts down on the long first stage pull; and the safety work as normal. There is still plenty of sear overlap left to be safe.
Due to the much shorter first stage, the anti-bear trap mechanism won't work, so I removed the mechanism all together. The anti-bear trap gives a false sense of security anyways, and you can't un-cock the gun with it in place; plus it rattles.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:33 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
It is slightly better than the prior version, but is not the same trigger as Woodward designed (i.e. the unit like tuna sells) trigger. Also note the difference between the picture on the box (brass/gold trigger) and what in fact is on the rifle- a plain black trigger.

Bottom line, the adjustment is slightly better than the earlier trigger, but still too much creep. The aftermarket triggers are still the way to go.

Eric, are these avaialble from Crosman parts now? how much would they be? even just the blade?

Walter....

Sure looks to be a Chinese copy of SteveNC's trigger eh?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:13 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Voltar1 wrote:
Eric, are these avaialble from Crosman parts now? how much would they be? even just the blade?

Walter....

Sure looks to be a Chinese copy of SteveNC's trigger eh?

The blade itself is the same unit that was used on the Remington Genesis and Benjamin Legacy a few years back- and they are available. There is a difference, however, between the current Remington/NPSS trigger blade and the Benjamin Trail NP trigger blades and I have to determine which one is the 'old' style from the Legacy/Genesis- I took note of it awhile back and have since forgotten/misplaced it- but I can get it sorted out.

And the Crosman box picture does look like they took a picture of Woodward's unit and pasted it on there- but it's not what comes on the rifle- I have no idea what that's about and get tired of asking Crosman questions they cannot answer as some marketing consultant or box manufacturer probably came up with the idea and no else can explain the logic behind it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:39 am 

Voltar1 wrote:

Walter....

Sure looks to be a Chinese copy of SteveNC's trigger eh?[/quote]

Walter I have one that was used a few times, but basically new if you want it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:37 am 

Kinda looks like the trigger on the Benji Classic .22

Wouldn't suprise me as the Benji Classic and Quest seem like cousins

Smokeless

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:58 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Went off and confirmed it with Steve Woodward:

The Remington Nitro Piston's, Crosman NPSS's and older Remington Genesis' and Benjamin Legacy's use the NCT trigger.

The newest Benjamin Trail NP's still use the same trigger (GTX II) as the Quest, Phantom and Classic .22. This will also be true for the detuned NP All-Weather for Canada (which, for anyone who's had it apart, is essentially a B19 platform with some modifications- i.e. the gas piston, additional of a Weaver rail and other minor internal modifications specific to the gas piston setup).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:11 am 

Quote:
And you can make it into a true two stage trigger. :wink: 8)

Image Image

I just did this with my trigger and it is amazing. I didn't add the front screw and my job was a bit of a hack job but it sure does clearly stop before it goes. Thanks!!