Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:50 pm 

Great pics and vids Parker. Thanks very much for taking the time for putting these presentations together. A picture is worth a thousand word, so you have said a bunch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:10 pm 

sad I missed out. i'll keep trying to come out, though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:20 pm 

Me too :(, sounds like you guys had a great day. Hopefully I can make it to the next one :) .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:55 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Parker_101_ wrote:
Just added a video slide show of the event to the youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoticWoody ... zMeDogMJLs

Fun Outdoor Activities at the Fudd... http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoticWoody ... 0Q8eSehjNI

Cheers!

Links carried over from page one ...
Pics can now be viewed from CAFTA's website in the "Photo Gallery"... http://cafta.ftcentral.ca/blog4.php/201 ... arget-club

Thanks to all that made this event possible...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

For those not yet on the Canadian Shooters List, you can read all about it here... Port Colborne Field Target Club Results for October 2, 2010 Third Elmer Fudd Annual Hunter Match

Thanks Tim!.. I enjoy reading about current Canadian FT events .. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:28 am 

I knew I was gonna miss a good time! I'm sure all the wives were happy when everyone came home with a belly full of chili! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:42 pm 

Hi everyone,

I had a great time at the 3rd Elmer Fudd Hunter match on Saturday! And I would like to add that being it was a "sub 500fps" match, we should have this type of match every year going forward...

My opinion on this sub 500 match is that everyone can/would have a chance to see and feel what a FT match is all about. A fun time in the outdoors with whatever rifle/gun you have to play with and a great group of people to hang out with during the day!

We had targets set up out to approx 35 yards with kill zones of a min 1"... There should of been a large group of "Airgunners" with their Crosman 2289s, carbine 1377s, 1077s, Challengers, Quest 500s, Bakail 61s, MP512s, QB lovers, Gamo's, Diana 24s, like every NON-PAL rifle/gun that has been made so that we can just enjoy the outdoors with fellow airgunners, and the added bonus of good food at the end of it all... Not to mention that some would take home a medal to show off!

To the CAFTA Governors, I for one am in favor of another sub-500 Elmer Fudd Hunter's match!

Take care everyone,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:30 pm 

NIGHTHAWK wrote:
Hi everyone,

I had a great time at the 3rd Elmer Fudd Hunter match on Saturday! And I would like to add that being it was a "sub 500fps" match, we should have this type of match every year going forward...

My opinion on this sub 500 match is that everyone can/would have a chance to see and feel what a FT match is all about. A fun time in the outdoors with whatever rifle/gun you have to play with and a great group of people to hang out with during the day!

We had targets set up out to approx 35 yards with kill zones of a min 1"... There should of been a large group of "Airgunners" with their Crosman 2289s, carbine 1377s, 1077s, Challengers, Quest 500s, Bakail 61s, MP512s, QB lovers, Gamo's, Diana 24s, like every NON-PAL rifle/gun that has been made so that we can just enjoy the outdoors with fellow airgunners, and the added bonus of good food at the end of it all... Not to mention that some would take home a medal to show off!

To the CAFTA Governors, I for one am in favor of another sub-500 Elmer Fudd Hunter's match!

Take care everyone,

NIGHTHAWK

You certainly make some good points

We did some talking about this sub-500fps shooting and it sure was a lot of fun. We discussed having a regular FT match with FT a Hunter Divisions. Certainly that way it would put the higher end guns in the FT divisions and allow a level playing field in the Hunter division. All the folks with the type of guns you mentioned could participate in a fun match. After the top three placing rifles in the match, that would no doubt shoot FT if it was available, there was a real variety of guns that performed quite well.

I am working on November 6th and will keep folks informed as the date gets closer. Maybe we can see what folks think when many of us get together at the Waterdown Show. For now I will be focusing on getting prepared for the US Nationals on the weekend after Thanksgiving.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:58 pm 

Just watched that clip- some nice info there, thanks for posting that. :)