Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:30 am 

Dear Fellow Shooters,

I live in Ontario and i am VERY NEW to air rifles, always having used pistols before.
I am now looking for a good quality air rifle for 10m competition, open sights, PCP, decent trigger, sub 500 fps,, .177, light weight etc.

Searching the net it looks like I could fulfill my requirements with this AA S400 MPR Biathlon:
http://www.trail-marker.com/store/index ... 05RPM&c=77

Air Arms has the reputation of very good quality......Just that I couldn't find any reviews or specific info on this particular model! Even in the AA site.
Can anyone, please, shed some light on this item before I risk spend a bundle on it???

I am not a collector, just want one rifle, actually "the rifle".

Many Thanks
Beretto

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:47 am 

I have no idea of your skill level or budget.... but there are a few other choices for 10m competition at both ends of the spectrum.... At the bottom end is the Daisy 853 at $325 which is the standard rifle for the Cadets.... Next up would be the Air Arms S200 at $599 or the Slavia CZ200T at $639.... Then there is the Air Arms S400 MPR as you mentioned at $1195-$1295.... Above that you will find the various Feinwerkbaus such as the 700 in the $3000 price range.... Unless you are destined to be an Olympic class shooter my guess is that any of these will surpass your ability to hit a dot the size of the period at the end of this sentence standing at 10m.... I know that even the Daisy far surpasses my ability....

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm 

I'm in the same boat as you...looking for a nice >PAL rifle.... and there really ain't much out there :( . The S400 you mentioned looks like quite the shooter, but it's way out of my budget. Right now, I am leaning towards the AA S200. I think it is a good comprimise price-wise. And really, like rsterne mentioned, the accuracy difference between the $600 gun and the $1300 would be hardly noticable unless you are shooting at the Olympic level. Just my thoughts. Really it all depends on the $$ you're willing to spend, because I'm sure that S400 is great :) :).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:10 pm 

Thank you rsterne for your views. You are right, I am sure those guns far surpass my ability.
I must continue to evaluate the choices.

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:39 am 

Can you recommend a target for biathlon.
http://t-media.msk.ru/b_07_shop/bp_07_misheni.html
http://youtu.be/RWBErlc0DE0

Attachments:
Biatlon_01.jpg
Biatlon_01.jpg [ 113.5 KiB | Viewed 2133 times ]