Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 2289 Disasembly
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:40 pm 

Ok, please don't hurt me! I've been searching for over an hour trying to find the answer but I haven't found anything

So i'm trying to take apart my 2289 to fill the bleed hole exct.
I've goten this far: I got it disassembled down to the main tube, now how do i get the parts out of there? do you have to hammer it out?

Image Image

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

Just use a wooden dowel to lightly hammer it out (hammer it in the pump piston direction -->) away from the dimple in the tube.

Post subject: Re: 2289 Disasembly
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:52 pm 

randas wrote:
Ok, please don't hurt me!

LOL....Geez...what does he think we are? Ogres?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:20 pm 

thanks! I got it apart,

However I was quite surprised as to how oily the pump end was, is this normal?

Image Image

So I cleaned it off, how do you disassemble it further? do the two parts screw apart?

Image Image

Now, on to the bleed hole. Is this it?

How should I go about plugging it? Epoxy? Lead solder? Oxy-accet /w filler rod? :twisted: ok, maybe thats going overboard... what do you guys recommend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:23 pm 

Yes the valve does unscrew. Plugging the bleed hole can be done with epoxy or solder is doesn't matter. Both will work about the same. And yes that is the bleed hole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:41 pm 

Hey randas, I appreciate your asking, I might want to do that sometime. I suppose you know there are seals in there, so if you use a torch :twisted:, do disassemble the valve first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:44 pm 

I figured that... However HOW do you get it apart? RM422, where dose it unscrew? In the middle where the joint is? Because it wont budge for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:47 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Screw the long grip frame screw into the threaded hole. Use an allen key in the transfer port. It'll come apart with some grunting and cursing.

Rubber strap wrenches work well too. I wouldn't advise using a vice or vice grips. You can crush it in a vice and vice grips tend to make things ugly in a real hurry.

PM me for FTP/valve combos, RVAs, DPHs and assorted brass accents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:57 pm 

The black oil IS NOT normal. just lube it normally with pellgun oil when your done plugging and unscrewing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:34 pm 

Sweet, I got it apart and plugged 'er up with lead

Image Image

I dont have a chrony but it sure is shooting alot faster!

I slapped it back together, not bothering to put my scope on, walked out of the shop, and took a shot at my pellet trap. Funny, the impact didnt sound like metal... now with no sights i was just point& shooting. oh, oh- i go and look and the pellet is burried in the wall. It was atleast 1/3" into the wall (particle board) So I quickly filled that with some plasic wood filler.

Then i took some shots at a 2x4 Those crappy light daisy pellets go almost 1/2 way through a 2x4. When it was stock they just bareley stuck into a 2x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:09 pm 

Sorry I didn't reply in time. But I usually unscrew the valve by wrapping it in a towel so my hands don't slip off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:10 pm 

If I did this to my pumps (2289, 1322) would it probably put them into PAL territory? I want potential higher velocity, but not PAL, for that I would use a banger. The 1322 has a quoted velocity of only 370 fps with 10 pumps, so I think I would be safe with modding that?? I am suspect of the quoted 2289 velocity of "up to" 495 fps, I think that's more of a legal statement than one of fact. What do you think? No chrony here.

I have a possession-only tag. I am unclear as to what happens if you modify a non-firearm into a "firearm", not something you run into with REAL already-registered firearms... With possession-only I presume I would not be allowed to register ANY new firearms regardless. I guess I should upgrade to acquistion, I didn't when they changed from FAC's because I had all the real firearms I wanted and circumstances were that I couldn't even use them as much as I used to... :(