Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:39 pm 

Hey, I considered very seriously moving to Montreal and playing in that great city's symphony earlier in my career. It is, n'est ce pas, the greatest city in Canada, eh? (But the Gaspe girls are more to my taste!)

My French is very bad (it used to be usable) but I'm going to try the occasional post here in French to brush up a bit on it. As my good bud Guy Jean Foquette would say, "Mon Dieu, idiot!"

I'm just warning you ahead of time! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:32 pm 

moltogordo wrote:
Hey, I considered very seriously moving to Montreal and playing in that great city's symphony earlier in my career. It is, n'est ce pas, the greatest city in Canada, eh? (But the Gaspe girls are more to my taste!)

My French is very bad (it used to be usable) but I'm going to try the occasional post here in French to brush up a bit on it. As my good bud Guy Jean Foquette would say, "Mon Dieu, idiot!"

I don't mind the language as long as I can outshoot you :twisted:

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:39 pm 

when you speak english ,,
you survive better, than someone who just speak french
in montreal hahahah

but montreal is realy not a good place to shoot,
but all around its ok ,,

target man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:53 pm 

target man wrote:
when you speak english ,,
you survive better, than someone who just speak french
in montreal hahahah

but montreal is realy not a good place to shoot,
but all around its ok ,,

target man

very true, its expensive to shoot, unless you want to travel 40+km out side the island.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:57 pm 

moltogordo wrote:

Arrived in Montreal in June, not speaking a word of french, got a job few days after and surviving, some ppl just absolutely hate speaking a word of English (revenue quebec being the worst), its not all bad, after all this is Canada (will annoy some ppl but hay get over it, English is one of the languages of Canada)

Regards

EnglishMan in Canada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 pm 

dont mind thos separatists ... in my mind evrey canadian should know both official language but that's just me. you're verry welcome to come. and you won't have anay dificulty finding understanding peoples here.

dasy 953 , ncstar 3-9x42 compact
crosman mk1
crosman quest 500x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:49 am 

F55 wrote:
Arrived in Montreal in June, not speaking a word of french, got a job few days after and surviving, some ppl just absolutely hate speaking a word of English (revenue quebec being the worst), its not all bad, after all this is Canada (will annoy some ppl but hay get over it, English is one of the languages of Canada)

Regards

EnglishMan in Canada

You think it's hard finding someone who speaks english at the provincial level... try finding someone who speaks french at the national level :P even if french is also one of the languages in Canada...

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:38 pm 

hey woo on speak french au quebec ok la :P pour montreal c vrai que etre bilingue aide grandement mais plus vers les petites region comme trois-rivieres sa deviens moins important de parler anglais

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:43 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
F55 wrote:

Regards

EnglishMan in Canada

You think it's hard finding someone who speaks english at the provincial level... try finding someone who speaks french at the national level :P even if french is also one of the languages in Canada...

I agree, it works both ways, i have friends here in Montreal who say the same thing. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:24 pm 

You should come to Montreal! I'll show you around! We'll shoot cans during the day and pop bottles at the clubs at night! WOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:45 pm 

Pas drole mon 'comment'?