Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: HW85 vs HW95
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:17 pm 

Anyone had a chance to hold and shoot these two Weihrauch's ? Which one has best looks or performs best in your opinion ?
The D&L web page shows both. Do the stocks look the same in real as they do on the web page ?
http://www.dlairgun.com/Weihrauch-Air-Rifles.html
Any input welcome.

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda

Post subject: Re: HW85 vs HW95
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:27 pm 

I have an HW85, haven't had much time shooting it so far. I received it in a trade just over a year ago. From what I've seen from the gun... most springers do not like me but his one does. It's a beast and it's a beauty. A pleasure to shoot for sure. I put one of my best scopes on it, but never sighted it in yet.
I was more excited about the Dianna 300R I received in the same trade, but that is one beast that does not cooperate with me. Perhaps I need to find the right hold...

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:02 pm 

The 85K (Carbine) and the 95 have the same 16.1" barrel.... the 85 has the longer 19.7" barrel.... They are listed at exactly the same power by Weihrauch.... which is probably correct as virtually all of the velocity of a springer happens in the first foot of barrel.... Weihrauch claim 950 fps in .177 cal and 750 fps in .22 cal.... The shorter barrel versions are listed at 7.5 lbs. and the longer HW85 is 7.7 lbs.... The 85 and 95 show the same stock on the Weihrauch website (monte-carlo, checkered on the pistol grip) but there is a 95 Luxus (deluxe model, the same as the Beeman R9) which doesn't have the monte-carlo swell but it has checkering on the forearm which is longer and covers the breech block.... All the stocks are listed as "Walnut finish" hardwood....

All the guns have the same mechanics and the "Rekord" trigger.... Straight Shooters lists the actual performance of the HW 95 at ~880 fps in .177 and ~680 fps in .22 cal with standard weight pellets.... so power wise they are about the same as a Diana 34.... The BAM Clone of the HW95 is the B-26.... and I know several people that love them....

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:16 pm 

I can't say for certain but I'd say they're the same gun. I've owned just about every modern Weihrauch (currently have 3) and I'm also positive that they're the same gun. They are the same as the Beeman R9.

Years ago Weihrauch used to make a HW85 (the Beeman R10) that had a scope rail similar to the Diana's but have since discontinued them. Why they kept the name and later added the 95 I don't know. I used think the stocks were different but DandL's pics look pretty close.

They're good general purpose guns that you can accessorise all you want. I've never had a Weihrauch with a stock that looks like 95 most of the one's I've had have stocks like the 85. I currently have a HW85 right now with an older Beeman R9 stock on it and it's one of the nicest feeling guns I've owned.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:32 pm 

For reference:

http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/englisch/ ... _index.htm

SSSO carry the HW95 Luxus in .177, .20, and .22.... They are out of stock on the "85 Luxus" but I believe that is a misprint amyway, as I have never heard of an 85 Luxus, nor is it listed on the Weihrauch website (above)

http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdo ... at_72.html

D&L carry the regular HW 95 (short barrel) and of course the HW 85 (long barrel).... so between them and SSSO you can get all three models in BC.... I don't know if anyone in Canada carries the HW 85K (carbine) but it is exactly the same as the HW 95 anyway.... Maybe Weihrauch have discontinued it?....

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:19 pm 

Thanks for the info guys ! It would be nice to hold both guns and the decision would be easier.

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:16 pm 

Same gun, different barrel length.... except for the 95 Luxus....

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:45 pm 

I can state for a fact that the HW85k was sold as a "luxus" model, I have one in .22 that I bought from the old dak [siarms?]a few years ago. I have nicknamed it "hermann", as it is a munster with a tarantula spring installed.