Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:11 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
RC wrote:
Hands down for your price range is a AF Condor then get a replacement 12" barrel and a little YouTube and you'll get what you're looking for... :wink: :wink:

LOL were there is that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or.... go with a 18" barrel and alittle ingenuity, surf TAG forum and visit Home Depot but now I'm a bad boy for suggesting.... heheh... sssshhhh... :wink: :wink:

But then again all one can hear is the slap of the hammer and the "wack" from the pellet into target... 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:07 pm 

Thanks for all the responses.

The s410 looks very nice. While out of my posted price range, I wouldn't mind spending a little more on a rifle I'll truly be happy with in the long run. I'll just have to do more "research" on how to shhhhh...yeah yeah i know... :wink:
I'll even have to shell out a few more dollars becasue I'm a lefty:
http://airgunsource.com/store/index.php ... 30LWO&c=77

The condor has some nice specs and price but I'm just not a fan of its styling. Kinda superficial but thats just me.

lauchlin: The 850 looks nice. Great price too. Is this the factory muzzle break you're talking about? http://www.dlairgun.com/RWS-Accessories.html
Do you have any complaints about the 850?

Just for a frame of reference, I have a Benjamin Trail nitro piston. It's my first and only air rifle so thats what I'm looking for in terms of quite. Probably not a realistic expectation but like I said, I'm new.

off to do more research....thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:16 pm 

why has no one mentioned the B28?

around $200, great power, good shooter from what I have seen first hand, tons of power, and for the most part quiet as well.

one of your more powerful springers, great price mixed with great looks.

might want to talk to sniper about getting one.

just made a deal for one myself, should be getting it on the 10th. long time to wait but will be worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm 

junt wrote:
Thanks for all the responses.

The s410 looks very nice. While out of my posted price range, I wouldn't mind spending a little more on a rifle I'll truly be happy with in the long run. I'll just have to do more "research" on how to shhhhh...yeah yeah i know... :wink:
I'll even have to shell out a few more dollars becasue I'm a lefty:
http://airgunsource.com/store/index.php ... 30LWO&c=77

The condor has some nice specs and price but I'm just not a fan of its styling. Kinda superficial but thats just me.

lauchlin: The 850 looks nice. Great price too. Is this the factory muzzle break you're talking about? http://www.dlairgun.com/RWS-Accessories.html
Do you have any complaints about the 850?

Just for a frame of reference, I have a Benjamin Trail nitro piston. It's my first and only air rifle so thats what I'm looking for in terms of quite. Probably not a realistic expectation but like I said, I'm new.

off to do more research....thanks again

I have the AA S410-SL Xtra in .22 as well that is now regulated.... 8)

If you get one PM me and I can help/guide you into getting it to fart like a mouse... you may even think you ran out/low of air... hehehe... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:23 pm 

AERO-TEC wrote:

hes looking for pcp....lol...hence Quietest PCP rifle available in Canada...lol

Dave[/color]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:47 pm 

daguasta wrote:
AERO-TEC wrote:

true he mentioned PCP, and a price he would pay for the gun, there was also talk of springers and they may be a better choice for what he is looking for.

also has anyone bothered to mention the extra costs of a PCP over and above the gun cost? hand pump and a ton of work to fill the gun, or scuba tanks with the extra $$ they cost then trips to get them filled or getting a compressor to fill the guns and tanks yourself. PCPs are nice but are costly to get into, not saying there not worth the cost but for his second gun it is a very larger price jump.

for around $200 he get a 900 FPS .22 gun and no extra costs to it, quiet for shooting near his home and good for hunting as well. it would be a great chose for his second gun with out a big extra cost over and above the gun cost.

just saying it would be a good thing for him to look into.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:40 pm 

If price and ease is paramount how about a .22 rimfire long barreled bolt action using CB longs?

I agree the Condor is not about looks just function it is designed to hunt in rough conditions, but if plinking or closer range pesting the AA410 is about the best bang out there with it's thick barrel and 30-35 ft lbs of power. 8)

As mentioned buying a PCP is the easy part, a scuba tank, place to fill it, fill clamp, scope, all add to it. If thinking of pumping that gets real old real quick as most PCP's want to be filled to 3000 psi and you will quickly find a 3000 psi tank is not the ticket that is why I tuned mine to work at 2500 psi.

Randy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:06 am 

If you have a way to get one from the US, this listing would be hard to beat.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/me ... +and+Price.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:03 am 

AA Prosport. Springer , very quiet , shrouded barrel, no more noise than a mouse farting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:57 am 

AERO-TEC wrote:
daguasta wrote:

true he mentioned PCP, and a price he would pay for the gun, there was also talk of springers and they may be a better choice for what he is looking for.

also has anyone bothered to mention the extra costs of a PCP over and above the gun cost? hand pump and a ton of work to fill the gun, or scuba tanks with the extra $$ they cost then trips to get them filled or getting a compressor to fill the guns and tanks yourself. PCPs are nice but are costly to get into, not saying there not worth the cost but for his second gun it is a very larger price jump.

for around $200 he get a 900 FPS .22 gun and no extra costs to it, quiet for shooting near his home and good for hunting as well. it would be a great chose for his second gun with out a big extra cost over and above the gun cost.

just saying it would be a good thing for him to look into.

You also get a monkey arm and a head ache/sore jaw from shooting the B28, but its still awesome... 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:22 am 

totally out of your pricerange but FX moonsoon seem to be very quiet

http://www.airgunsource.com/store/index ... 0676&c=275
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXcGNTBzSs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:06 am 

What about the Condor with CO2 adapter? If you can live with a little over 500 fps the Tau 200 can be made whisper quiet with the just a piece of balsa wood taped on to the end of the barrel and a hole the size of a pellet drilled in it. All you hear is the hammer go thunk and it takes about 3 seconds to make! Here is a bit of a review topic34098.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:45 am 

My Condor shoots .25 around 500 fps on CO2 pretty quiet but the 410 with it's thick barrel is hard to beat as you get way more then 500 fps. and it is very friendly.

R

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 pm 

randyhub wrote:
My Condor shoots .25 around 500 fps on CO2 pretty quiet but the 410 with it's thick barrel is hard to beat as you get way more then 500 fps. and it is very friendly.

R

I still have to get a Condor for CO2 use! I have the adapter and all, just need the gun now. Next order might just have to be one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:39 pm 

I have Condor for sale and is not loud as they describe adjustable up to 1300fps .22 I'm in Scarborough