Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:48 pm 

This is what our bedroom wall looks like when my wife is home...Notice the nice picture on the wall at the end of the hall?

And this is what the end of the hall looks like as soon as she walks out the door...Notice the nice duct seal pellet trap at the end of the hall?

So I repeat... Shhhhh, don't tell the wife.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:54 pm 

The ladle, spoons, and pot are very tempting................... :mrgreen:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:55 pm 

LOL, good to know there are others out there that sneak around on their wives :mrgreen:

Hatsan Mod 95
Kral Puncher Mega
Air Venturi Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:11 am 

I'm shooting from the bathroom doorway, across the hall and into my workshop, a plastelene (modelling clay) lined box sitting on a tool shelf behind my bench. It's just 6metres, but the best clear line I can find in the top two floors we occupy in this old house. Now if I were designing a house, there would be clean 10metre paths in at least a couple of places, not near windows at either end (don't want the neighbours calling the fuzz!). sigh.

My target box gets turned target-up and an old cigar tin full of ebony piano keys placed on top of it. Source material for instrument repairs. She'd never lift that. It's slightly over her head anyway. To be honest - with you guys if not my wife - I'd love to brag about my improving shots to her. Not gonna happen though, unless I figure out some very clever arguments in support of my fun. She's Japanese, raised thinking gun people are pretty much the devil. It's been hard enough just getting her used to the fact I wear a small belt knife. A pistol in the house might make for some very rough waters, and me sleeping on the good ship 'sofa.'

It's not like I'm likely to go black powder on her or anything... but how's an ardent anti-gun person to know that I suppose. My stepdad gave our son a nerf gun for Christmas this year. The wife's STILL adapting to that after WEEKS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 am 

p17 wrote:
I'm shooting from the bathroom doorway, across the hall and into my workshop, a plastelene (modelling clay) lined box sitting on a tool shelf behind my bench. It's just 6metres, but the best clear line I can find in the top two floors we occupy in this old house. Now if I were designing a house, there would be clean 10metre paths in at least a couple of places, not near windows at either end (don't want the neighbours calling the fuzz!). sigh.

My target box gets turned target-up and an old cigar tin full of ebony piano keys placed on top of it. Source material for instrument repairs. She'd never lift that. It's slightly over her head anyway. To be honest - with you guys if not my wife - I'd love to brag about my improving shots to her. Not gonna happen though, unless I figure out some very clever arguments in support of my fun. She's Japanese, raised thinking gun people are pretty much the devil. It's been hard enough just getting her used to the fact I wear a small belt knife. A pistol in the house might make for some very rough waters, and me sleeping on the good ship 'sofa.'

It's not like I'm likely to go black powder on her or anything... but how's an ardent anti-gun person to know that I suppose. My stepdad gave our son a nerf gun for Christmas this year. The wife's STILL adapting to that after WEEKS!

You got your work cut out for ya!
My fiance was robbed when she was a cashier at a CVS in North Carolina....Had a gun pointed at her face and all....but, she tolerates my hobby, and even fired a few shots from one of mine...first shot at 30ft...she darn near hit a perfect bull!! pretty darn good fer a noob :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:15 pm 

Oh man, a gun waved in one's face would be terrifying! But it sounds like she's okay now.

Agreed, my road ahead could be difficult... then again, she's surprised me a few times with other shifts in perspective. So I'm not completely pessimistic. Meanwhile though, sneaking around behind her back is probably wiser, at least until I find a 'teachable moment.'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:32 pm 

Watch the sneaking about.
Wives are a LOT smarter than you may think.
Or worse she may think you are up to something else :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:03 pm 

v76 wrote:
Haha - guys, you'll be jealous: my gf actually has more guns than me! :mrgreen: :drinkers:

... mutter... fargin' bastage...

And yeah, I know, wives are often much more clever than one anticipates. I went out for a beer once after a run, just felt like a beer. One beer. Drank lots of water on the walk home... but she smelled smoke on me and started quizzing me on 'how was your run?' and 'where did you go?' Not like I'm not allowed to have a beer... but it kind of stunned me that she could pick up smoke on me when I'd not been nearer than about 20 feet to anyone smoking, and there really wasn't much smoke in the air. I was comforted by the fact that I'd never have an affair with another woman, just love my wife too much for that, so if she catches me 'cheating' it'll be for a lesser crime, probably not punishable by death.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:41 pm 

p17 wrote:
Oh man, a gun waved in one's face would be terrifying! But it sounds like she's okay now.

Agreed, my road ahead could be difficult... then again, she's surprised me a few times with other shifts in perspective. So I'm not completely pessimistic. Meanwhile though, sneaking around behind her back is probably wiser, at least until I find a 'teachable moment.'

Ya, terrifying for her...she still does not like them, but she knows im not an idiot and would never put her in a bad situation while Handling guns. She even wants me to teach her some target shooting when the weather gets better, only problem is.......suburban Columbus is not really full of places to do some(legal)shooting. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:58 pm 

joed66 wrote:
LOL, good to know there are others out there that sneak around on their wives :mrgreen:

Hehehe....Ya, if she found out about it, I'd never get a turn...Now she has to wait till spring so she can shoot her own field target. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:09 pm 

p17 wrote:
v76 wrote:
but she smelled smoke on me and started quizzing me on 'how was your run?' and 'where did you go?' Not like I'm not allowed to have a beer... but it kind of stunned me that she could pick up smoke on me when I'd not been nearer than about 20 feet to anyone smoking

haha, binderdundat. My first wife pulled that crap on me too, funny she would smell the things she recognized and give me crap, but not the unfamiliar. My GF was Chinese... went undected for years. :o

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum