Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: cant keep rings on
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:11 am 

this is where i got my stuff from...cheap price but good quality from what i can see and reviews agree...but FYI it sometimes takes qite some time to receive :D

heres the link to the part everyone is suggesting
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5509

Dave[/color]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:13 am 
Supporting Member 2009

daguasta wrote:
this is where i got my stuff from...cheap price but good quality from what i can see and reviews agree...but FYI it sometimes takes qite some time to receive :D

heres the link to the part everyone is suggesting
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5509

Didn't I read in another post that you are still waiting (7++ weeks later) for some items to arrive, one item having somehow found its way to Brazil instead of Canada?

daguasta wrote:
i ordered some stuff online from a place called deal extreeme in hong kong(some of you may know it)
usually things take about a month give or take to get here(from past orders i placed)
well in november i placed a couple of orders and one at the beginning of december....
now the middle of january and NOTHING! oh and the best one...they SOMETIMES provide tracking numbers....the one package says ITS GOING TO BRAZIL (its my new scope on top of that)!!!!!!

so i contacted deal extreme and they are sending another one and are looking into the orders with no tracking #

the only possitive that i can think is IF the package going to brazil somehow makes it here i will have 2 scopes

Not to be funny- but it strikes me that waiting weeks/months for something to show up, dubious ability (if any) to track shipments all to save $10.00 is not a very good argument. What occurs if an item comes in broken? Send it back to Hong Kong, wait a month for it to get there, then wait another month+ for a replacement? Strikes me that if such a thing were to occur, the item, from the day ordered to when you actually receive a working item could be well in excess of 3 months.

You can purchase the proper part, with a proper warranty/replacement program and timeframe, in Canada, for about $22.00

So I have to ask: What is the logic in recommending to people a business in Hong Kong with all sorts of timeframe/logistical issues, for what is guaranteed to be counterfeit product if there is a "brand name" on it- only to save a very few dollars and not promote business in Canada? Counterfeit product shipped from 5000 miles away and getting delivery "someday-maybe" hardly seems like a good recommendation for someone with a problem -today-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:58 am 

you are quite right i did...i got it yesterday tho...lol....and i did say it would take some time..... :D...and sometimes the wait is worth the savings....im cheap ok ....lmao....just a suggestion is all it was.... hes free to do as he pleases!

Dave[/color]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:22 pm 

daguasta wrote:
you are quite right i did...i got it yesterday tho...lol....and i did say it would take some time..... :D...and sometimes the wait is worth the savings....im cheap ok ....lmao....just a suggestion is all it was.... hes free to do as he pleases!

thanks for the tip. I recently ordered something from china, not gun related, and received it in less than a week. I guess it depends on the company. I,ll check it out. depends on the shipping charges. here in Canada the shipping is almost as much as the product, unless you buy a bulk load of items.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:36 pm 

joe hickey wrote:
daguasta wrote:

thanks for the tip. I recently ordered something from china, not gun related, and received it in less than a week. I guess it depends on the company. I,ll check it out. depends on the shipping charges. here in Canada the shipping is almost as much as the product, unless you buy a bulk load of items.

deal extreme has free shipping on ALL their stuff so if its one thing or a million....1 ounce or one ton FREE SHIPPING!!!

Dave[/color]