Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Feb. 13th FT Match
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 pm 

Mac wrote:
We missed you Joel. I told the guys that if Joel doesn't make it, you best believe there is a good reason and most figured it would be the weather.

Hopefully weather is not part of the equation in April.

Yeah, couldn't believe it, no snow all week...thought I was in the clear :roll:

This snow better be gone by then :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:01 pm 

Hi everyone,

It was a great day yesterday (don't mean to brag for those who didn't make it :lol: )! Got a chance to try out my new Air Arms TX200! Just need to work out some of the quirts with the"shooter" (that's me, of course :wink: ... Gotta try to stay "steady" when shooting... Less coffee might help next time...)

Anyway, glad to see those who could make out to the match. I'll be attending the Pistol Match in April so hope to see more faces!!

Take care everyone,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:33 pm 

Tony, that TX of yours is one sweet looking gun. The stock and bluing are probably the best I have seen. Placing well with a gun the first time you use it certainly is a good sign.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:42 pm 

Hey green machine - you must be the fellow who just came out & got loaned an airgun & managed to take 4th home in hunter division. Am i wrong? Good on ya anyway if I'm not, - and welcome to the forum and FT shooting. Pistol matches are just as much fun so do try to get a rig together for april.

Too bad the weather & other commitments kept some of you other guys from getting out yesterday. I really enjoyed getting out of the house to do some shooting & as the roads were clear for me I even enjoyed some of the winter views on my usual drive down Guelph line to Burlington. I hope y'all can make the next one.

Thanks for posting pics on the CAFTA site Parker.

Better check out my 1377 soon. - :drool:.........APRIL.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:14 pm 

Mac wrote:
Tony, that TX of yours is one sweet looking gun. The stock and bluing are probably the best I have seen.

I'll second that - what an absolutely beautiful specimen of this fine gun you managed to score, Tony. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:22 pm 

Green machine was Mike, who shot his quest and was my shooting partner.

Greg is the fellow you are referring to, who shot Ted's Solo and was squadded with Ted. Greg started shooting FT back in the mid 90s in Waterloo, but moved west in 2000. He is now back in the area and will likely become a FT regular. Also expect him to rise very quickly in the standings. He has a Pro Target topped with a quality scope out west that he will get shipped here soon.

It was great to have Mike and Greg at the match as both will no doubt make good contributions to the sport of FT.

Mike sat down with my Dominator which he had never handled and took down a 50 yard target four times in a row. Watch out if this guy gets a gun with more accuracy than his self tuned Quest.

Makes me smile.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:40 pm 

That was one sweet rig you have there, Tim. It was nice to actually shoot something good, and find out I might be able to hit the far stuff after all. My quest has about as much work as I can do to it done (2 stage trigger, surface ground steel washers in the lock up area, muzzle recrowned and a couple of other things), so I think it will be time for something better soon. Already thinking about picking up a 2240 and tricking it out for April. Thanks again to Tim and Dennis for letting me have a go with their rifles.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:47 pm 

Suprmatic wrote:
Mac wrote:
Tony, that TX of yours is one sweet looking gun. The stock and bluing are probably the best I have seen.

I'll second that - what an absolutely beautiful specimen of this fine gun you managed to score, Tony. :mrgreen:

Thanks Mac and Suprmatic for your comments! I'm very happy with my decision with the Air Arms TX200! Definitely will be my choice for all Pal-Rated FT shooting matches coming up.

Take care everyone,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:13 pm 

NIGHTHAWK wrote:
Suprmatic wrote:
Mac wrote:

Thanks Mac and Suprmatic for your comments! I'm very happy with my decision with the Air Arms TX200! Definitely will be my choice for all Pal-Rated FT shooting matches coming up.

Take care everyone,

NIGHTHAWK

Where are all the pics of this beauty T? :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:14 pm 

Thanks to Don and Tim . Had a great time and It was great to see everyone again. I always come away from these shoots having learned a lot. Looking forward to the pistol shoot in April.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:06 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
Where are all the pics of this beauty T? :)

The seventh picture down in Parker's pictures provides a glimpse.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:01 pm 

Thanks for setting me straight on the nomenclature, Tim, sometimes with welcome newcomers & the forum pseudonyms & all I get 'em wrong.

I shot that match with Nighthawk aka Tony, & "poor me" - I had to pass him that TX all day. :roll:
I caught myself admiring that sweet blueing too Tim, as well as the uniquely carved grip sections on a beauty stock -they aren't the usual diamond pattern. The rifle also had a nicely balanced HEFT to it so I treated it with kid-gloves while I handled it. (same with anybody's) but that one really is a looker as well as a bloody accurate springer.
Half way through the match I found myself trying to convince him that he lucked out on the lemon vs. NOT -barrel lottery, too.
We were tied on the scorecards most of the way, so I could tell due to knowing some about the course difficulty & our chat about him re-sighting his zero from 10 to 20 yards briefly just that morning. We were both in Hunter div. & have shot a match together at least once before so it was a good friendly competition for the day. I ended up taking first with 65 points & the NIGHTHAWK soaring in for second only 2 points behind at 63. I know Tony is a decent shot no matter what he uses, but that rig has maybe 100 pellets through it AFTER it's " Maiden Match," so it performed well this past weekend as did He and the other two guys only a few points behind us each in Hunter.

I know everybody had a good day out, Newcomers Welcome, & hope to see many out for the pistol match, - PK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:42 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

For those not yet on the Canadian Shooters List, Tim's write-up as well as the match results can be viewed on the CAFTA Website ..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm 

POWDERKEG wrote:
I ended up taking first with 65 points & the NIGHTHAWK soaring in for second only 2 points behind at 63.

Hey POWERKEG,

It was a pleasure shooting with you again at the match... Ah but I came in 3rd place with a score of 58, BTW :lol: Sabin with his HW97 scored 63... Ah man, maybe I should of got the HW97 instead of the TX200! :lol:

Nah, I'm happy with the TX. Just that I realise I should of NOT second guessed my sightings of the scope as the TX was fine at 10 yards but NOOOO, I had to fool around with the elevation on my scope just 10 mins before the match! :lol: But who cares as it was a great day!

Hope to see everyone plus more at the Pistol match in April!

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 pm 

Great job anyhow, with that course & tight scores, it amounts to a single drop over a faceplate-hit in Hunter for win/place/show no matter what.

It takes a human to create the word - err. Thanks for the reminders that I'm human, guys. Meantime, I defend myself by pointing out that peripheral details are sometimes necessarily overlooked when concentrating on the "game" for it's own pure enjoyment. - Ahem. :| - or maybe - Amen. :yawinkle:

- later - PK