Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: PFT Anticipation
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 am 

Mac wrote:
Did a little sighting in today with the Alfa Pistol and I think it is ready. As for me, we'll see on the 10th.

I don't know, that group looks a little sloppy... :wink:

Nice group Tim :shock: 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
I don't know, that group looks a little sloppy... :wink:

Nice group Tim :shock: 8)

Ya, you're right. I did kind of lose one low. I'll do better next time, I promise. :wink:

Thanks Joel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:00 pm 

That's a very nice group indeed Tim!
Beautiful pistol too! I think I need to get me one of those Alfa's.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:32 pm 

Hey jgoodz, I read your snoopy thread & replied on that issue with the transfer. I ended up using a bit of poly-tube just to stabilize the overall consistency for the match but still have my parts so I may get that O-ring size from you later. Thx.
Nice group Tim. I must say that is also a nice looking "Scoped" pistol too. You should do well with that combo.

The weather has been non-compliant for sighting in some more outdoors, so I am as ready as can be at this point. I could take it apart again to slightly shorten the length of poly tube, but the small screw in the breech has just about had it & with no breech-band I have about the most free-floating firing system an air-gun can have, but my Walther barrel is so tightly installed in the steel breech that I had to carefully remove the blueing to squeeze it in there. It seems rock-solid with a single set screw. The scope is VERY well secured to the breech; so I am going on the principle that sighting in to a 15-17 Yard P.O.I. with the consistent FPS speed should put me in the game. At least enough to get out & have some fun trying.
I actually built this pistol just for the first PFT match here in Canada. I am NOT a wealthy man so I was as Frugal as can be & it has been a pile of fun ever since.

WHEN IT COMES TO MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK ......... TRY CANADIAN PISTOL FIELD TARGET !!! - Hey, a new motto. :roll:

"Scoped-Pistol" in air-gun shooting is just interesting & entertaining on it's own. Pistols with scopes; C'mon !!! The real challenge with this sport, ( EVEN under-500 fps ) is a personal challenge, an individual challenge. It is not easy. Patience & Understanding can play the biggest role in this sport, especially on match-day.

Come One, Come All ! as they say. Test yourself. I am going to bring what I've got & see how I do again. - See Ya there, ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:49 pm 

Since posting last time I have come to 2 conclusions.

1) Re-crowning was the best mod I could have made since the last PFT match. ( Hands down, the groups tightened up & I have a better understanding of the POWER level capabilities of an under-500-1377 within the range we shoot PFT at overall due to the increased accuracy.)

& 2) Jgoodz's " Snoopy " seems to be laser-precise as per his post today in the "TARGET" section, so I stand a good chance of following-up with " Wallie " at the PFT match on Sunday. :mrgreen:

Go check it out. That's one tweaked-out 1377.

Now I'm gonna go tease him on his post. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 pm 

POWDERKEG wrote:
Since posting last time I have come to 2 conclusions.

& 2) Jgoodz's " Snoopy " seems to be laser-precise as per his post today in the "TARGET" section, so I stand a good chance of following-up with " Wallie " at the PFT match on Sunday. :mrgreen:

Go check it out. That's one tweaked-out 1377.

Now I'm gonna go tease him on his post. :wink:

Did you happen to see Mac's target? I think we are all in trouble :shock:

Don't be teasing me now, I'll sick my pet puffin on you!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:36 pm 

Don't forget those groups were shot from a rough rest. Off the knee is a whole other ball game.

I think all our guns can win the match, it will be the ones behind the trigger that will do all the missing.

Please, not the puffin :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:46 pm 

Oh, we're in for some fun on the weekend. :D

Thanks for giving me a laugh, jgoodz. I can't imagine where you got that great photo of the vicious puffin from on such short notice, but I laughed. My "tease" is limited to suggesting that you may have mis-posted the groups you got with your well-modded 1377 in the target section. :mrgreen:
Personally, I got a lot out of your post & am considering a couple of your various mods.
On another note, I was recently considering the logistics of the idea of shooting the match together. With both of us using 1377's we would almost double the time it takes to complete the match than if we shot with others, or we could shoot last ? I'll play it by ear.

Tim. I agree. Match-day is approaching & no matter the preparations, you have to be on your game for those few hours. Anything goes, ... coffee/food ratio, range conditions, nerve-factor, .............. eminent Puffin-Attack, ..... or whatever. :wink:

Still can't wait. :drool: