Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Field Target in BC
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:50 am 

So, it seems that FT in BC may not be a reality at the Mission gun club. I will do my best to try and get the club executive to allow us to shoot there and hold informal and formal events, but as of right now, things do not look too good. What we need is a location ( read farm or acerage ) willing to host us for our infrequent events somewhere between Horseshoe Bay and Mission. Ideally, the location would be multiple acres with parking, some sort of out building, and of course, an area to run lanes.

I guess that because we held our meet and greet events outside of the Mission club, they are trying to say we have not done anything or held any kind of events since last year when we started the club. I know I have been remiss owing to employment issues and haven't really devoted enought time to the WCFTC and so I accept responsibility for the current situation.

I apologize to everyone about what is happening with our club, and I will keep everyone posted as to the outcome of my meetings with the Executive at Mission DRGC. Lets hope for the best and plan for a new location. :cry:

M.Doornberg
Director
West Coast Field Target Club

Post subject: Re: Field Target in BC
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 pm 

I'll keep my ears & eyes open for a location 8)

http://www.dlairgun.com/ - http://www.airgunhome.com/
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:43 am 

Hi
Have you tried your local Paint Ball places. rocker45 found one for some of the Southern Alberta shooters that worked our pretty well.

Cheers

Dave :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:06 pm 

Just don't give up on it yet Guys. FT is too much fun in a crowd to be missed. Any effort is well spent, just as CAFTA has been making some progress here over winter to resolve recent issues affecting FT in Ontario recently. Move forward or halt. - Tuff decision ???? U-B-Da-Judge.
Maybe an indoor PFT match could be set up at a suitable range to generate interest ? It has quite a few of us here champing at the bit to start the FT season this year.
Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:12 am 

Don't be so hard on yourself BCGunner. I haven't been around much to help lately (too much work for a change). I can't think of a better place off the top of my head. The 3D archery range was sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 pm 

Ok, so here is the long and the short. I have had communications with the Mission club exec. and have been asked to re-present FT to the club exec at the next meeting, the 26th of this month. I have also been in touch with CAFTA, our governing body and they have been really great in offering support and documentation. I hope that between all the different parties, my presentation, and a little luck we should be a go for events later this year. In the mean time, I will continue to work towards an informal FT event for the West Coast club, and again I will let eveyone know what/where and when.

Thanks for all your support. It is only with the support of the members that future events can be planned and executed. I will be looking into other suitable venues for potential FT match sites over the course of the following months.

M.Doornberg
Director
West Coast Field Target Club

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:12 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

An organized day of airgun shooting is a real treat, especially when enjoyed with groups of friends and other airgun enthusiasts ... 8)
Good Luck with the venture fellows, I'm routing for you!...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:20 pm 

Any good news BCGunner? Or shall I start clearing lanes in the blackberries in my yard...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:42 pm 

piratepete wrote:
Any good news BCGunner? Or shall I start clearing lanes in the blackberries in my yard...

... Need a hand ?? 8)

http://www.dlairgun.com/ - http://www.airgunhome.com/
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:58 pm 

Ok people, before we get all crazy and landscape piratepete's back yard for him, why don't we just go ahead and use the Mission Gun Club facilities?!

Yes, you heard it here first, we have approval to use MDRGC facilities for FT use. I'm still working out final details, insurance ect., but we have the green light to hold events. I think an informal meet and greet should be the first order of business with a fun shoot added on so we get a "feel" for things there. Once everything is worked out, I will post details on the CAF website, forward a copy to CAFTA for thier website, and we will publish a date in the Mission Gun Club newsletter/website too!

Thanks to everyone who stood up and said yes to FT in BC, and a special thanks to the CAFTA governers for the timely charter I was able to present to the Mission DRGC Board of Directors. It is now in our hands to make something work, and create something that we will be proud to say "Join Us".

Maurits Doornberg
Director WCFTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:27 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Congrats BCGunner! .. It's nice to hear encouraging news regarding FT in Canada... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:50 pm 

That is awesome. You are in for a great ride and some real fun shooting days. I look forward to hearing about that first date.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:17 pm 

That is great!!!

X2 lets see lots of pictures of all the fun you will undoubtedly by having 8)

:drinkers:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:00 am 

FANTASTIC!! Way to go Maurits! I guess I have to pay my membership now... :drinkers:

Blackberry pie all around!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:14 am 

Good job,congrats..kelly