Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 am 

most of the time I'll shoot at paper targets, but also on the home-built field target goals.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:04 am 

Depends on whats moving in the yard :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 am 

I may have posted this before but one of my favorite targets is the hollow practice golf balls from the dollar store. They are bright orange. I poke a hole in one and then slide it onto a straightened coat hanger with a little hook on the end so the ball doesn't slide off. Then jam the coat hanger into the ground and from a distance it appears that the ball is floating in the air. The best part is what happens when you hit it! The ball goes flying around back and forth or in circles. Then you can try to hit it again while it is still moving or wait a few seconds and your target is re-set.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:35 am 

Zane Arlow wrote:
I may have posted this before but one of my favorite targets is the hollow practice golf balls from the dollar store. They are bright orange. I poke a hole in one and then slide it onto a straightened coat hanger with a little hook on the end so the ball doesn't slide off. Then jam the coat hanger into the ground and from a distance it appears that the ball is floating in the air. The best part is what happens when you hit it! The ball goes flying around back and forth or in circles. Then you can try to hit it again while it is still moving or wait a few seconds and your target is re-set.

I have regular golf ball,s set up at 50 yd,s.on string dandling in front of my trap. The trouble is I,ve had a couple of ricochet,s or bounce,s, come back with unbelievable speed, and hit the wall outside my shooting shack. So far I,ve been lucky I have not been hit. Safety glasses are a must.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:15 am 

Cherry tomatoes resting on golf tees. They make an audible popping sound and explode into a pink mist.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:38 pm 

Popcans with the base towards me
Floppy disks
CD roms (Too easy though)
juice bottle caps

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:12 pm 

joe hickey wrote:
Zane Arlow wrote:

I have regular golf ball,s set up at 50 yd,s.on string dandling in front of my trap. The trouble is I,ve had a couple of ricochet,s or bounce,s, come back with unbelievable speed, and hit the wall outside my shooting shack. So far I,ve been lucky I have not been hit. Safety glasses are a must.

Great idea for a target but use whiffle balls instead. Don't wait for an accident Joe!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:51 am 

Voltar1 wrote:
joe hickey wrote:
Zane Arlow wrote:

Great idea for a target but use whiffle balls instead. Don't wait for an accident Joe!

I hear ya.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:28 pm 

-One collapseable sawhorse
-2 Sheets of plywood, screwed together dos-a-dos, (backstop)
-Target hangers; 2 layers of carboard, one layer of thin aluminum, capped with another layer of cardboard
-Paint can lids, (painted orange for visibility of POI
-A WHOLE MESS OF COAT HANGERS.....(bent and shaped as is your want)..... :D

Now.....you're saying to yourself, "Hammer, you're an idiot, and your target setup is ghetto as f*ck!"

And, you would be right on both counts.....but it's cheap, portable.....and most of all, SAFE.

Big plus, the whole thing, (with exception of the sawhorse), packs up into a milk crate, (which doubles as a shooting seat).

God....I am ghetto...... :(

Attachments:
backstop 4.jpg
backstop 4.jpg [ 39.61 KiB | Viewed 727 times ]
backstop 3.jpg
backstop 3.jpg [ 33.64 KiB | Viewed 727 times ]
backstop 1.jpg
backstop 1.jpg [ 37.89 KiB | Viewed 727 times ]

My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSandw ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:24 pm 

[quote="Hammer SandwichNow.....you're saying to yourself, "Hammer, you're an idiot, and your target setup is ghetto as f*ck!"

/quote]

You might say it's ghetto, but it looks like a fun shooting gallery to me!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:43 pm 

Zane Arlow wrote:
You might say it's ghetto, but it looks like a fun shooting gallery to me!

It really is.....and for the disclaimer;
I don't shoot in the yard regularly, I just hauled 'er out to test the new airgun.

My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSandw ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 pm 

Posted last summer, but this is my outdoor target setup.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:36 am 

I use clay 'pigeons' used for shotgun trap shooting. I set them up at different ranges(using my rangefinder) and make great reactive targets. They make a little mess, but are 'biodegradable'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:23 pm 

Finished up the days "planned" chores a little early, so knocked this together...call it "the paintball challenge". 12 balls per rail with a "bonus ball" in the middle. :roll:

Still to be made are the "kill zone" plates. They'll be 1/8" steel flat bar with the kill zones drilled to match the paintballs. Thinking 5/8" for the top rail and 3/8" for the lower. The 2x material will be backed up by a piece of 1/4" steel sheet. Then some dollar store "clips" to hold some printer paper for the "splat" effect....maybe some gopher head printouts for the front???? :twisted:

Mounted the spinner target...just because. :)

Al

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:13 pm 

Last night at 2:00 AM I used a raccoon that was digging through my garbage can for target practice. The air gun was quiet enough to not wake up the neighbors but effective enough to send the raccoon running :D

Seriously, when I can't find a raccoon I'll use a paper target pinned to a cardboard box full of bubble wrap. The bubble wrap nicely captures the pellets & BB's for reuse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next