Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 pm 

Sorry, will not work to good on ice cubes. Oh ya, my backyard is fairly big, 250 meters or so in one field, lol.
Keith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:16 pm 

Tie frozen strawberries to fishing line and shoot to your heart's content...they blow up too AND look like a bloddy mess. Yea a bit crazy, but if you salvage the carnage and the pieces of ice cubes, throw in some yogurt and you have a shooter's parfait! delicious treat for the range! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:23 pm 

If you lay the string across your ice cubes and sprinkle them with salt the cubes will melt and refreeze to the string. Then string up the ice cubes and let the fun begin.

I plan to fill some ping pong balls with cherry slushy syrup and set them up on golf tees in the backyard :twisted:

I'll have to take some pics and post them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:10 am 

SureShot wrote:
If you lay the string across your ice cubes and sprinkle them with salt the cubes will melt and refreeze to the string. Then string up the ice cubes and let the fun begin.

I plan to fill some ping pong balls with cherry slushy syrup and set them up on golf tees in the backyard :twisted:

I'll have to take some pics and post them.

I'm liking the cherry slush-filled ping pong balls...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:49 am 

oh, I shoot all my guns in the yard. Pellet to 45-70. No cannons, I don't have one. Yet. I don't shoot anything live unless it causes problems. Other wise, paper, tins, etc. has to be easy to clean up and not a problem for livestock.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:28 pm 

I found some very tough plastic game pieces at a garage sale. They seem to be able to take a lot of punishment from sub-PAL guns. The game was called "Souris Souris" (Mouse Mouse). I've been using them for over a year and only one broke so far.

Garage sales late in the day are better than the Dollar store. People give stuff away, and some of it should just say "Please shoot this" on it! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:19 pm 

Great time of the year to shoot dandylions. Shooting and clipping off the flowers. Feels good to get those little suckers.

XT15
Sig Sauer SP2022
BSA Meteor MK5 .177
Webley Alecto .177
P17
HW45 Blackstar .177

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:41 pm 

Greetings. First post..so I thought I would start here. Great post and ideas. I love the dollar store...I use clothes pegs stapled to a wood beam (covered with 1/2 foam backing to absorb the misses) and then clip anything I want inthem...cards, straws and one of my favs is poker chips (the pellets and bbs go right through...good instant feedback). I have several beams in differen shapes (oval, curved) and a circular one that I have on a post that I can spin. I now blow up ballons to about an inch in dia and clips these in. You can put just about anything in them. I now actually try and hit the peg at the base and blows it off the wood...works well.

No that my kids are older and interested in shooting, it is amazing how quickly they want to shoot their once beloved toys....especially anything that sort of blows up or you can put a hole in (models, army guys, and my all time fav is the pink barbie car!

I will have to try some of the other ideas...ice cubes, chalk.
Thanks
Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:59 pm 

I hang up pop cans with water in them with string shoot them for a while then shoot the string
I also use water bottles laundry detergent ice wood all at about 50 ft in my field

Red ryder 4.5 mm bb's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:44 pm 

I just shoot some pop cans or soup cans.

Crosman 2240

"Boredom sets into the boring mind." - James Hetfield

- Derek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:05 am 

Sidewalk chalk is friggin my fav! The odd can as well. Paintballs are fun too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:34 am 

I don't shoot in my yard, because my neighbors are too anal! But I do shoot from my living room (where they can't see me) into the yard! :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:00 pm 

Was up north this weekend to do some target shooting, noticed the bullrushes were up in the pond. Great to shoot at, they explode when you hit them and fly all over the place.

Attachments:
Grass_Green_Components_Bulrush_Notes[1].jpg
Grass_Green_Components_Bulrush_Notes[1].jpg [ 68.46 KiB | Viewed 678 times ]

XT15
Sig Sauer SP2022
BSA Meteor MK5 .177
Webley Alecto .177
P17
HW45 Blackstar .177

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:35 pm 

A fellow..j.krug...posted a pellet trap he had made, a modified snail trap which was quite nicely done. This motivated me to get off me arse :wink: and practice my limited welding skills a bit. These turned out pretty good IMO...made from 3/16" steel plate and heavy "auger" tube, they have been tested with .22 LR @ 20yards with complete success...spent lead simply drops out the back...need to visit the dollarama for a cookie sheet or two and round up a couple milk crates to set them on. Nice and portable. :D

Will still take them off the truck before using them :wink:

Al

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
A fellow..j.krug...posted a pellet trap he had made, a modified snail trap which was quite nicely done. This motivated me to get off me arse :wink: and practice my limited welding skills a bit. These turned out pretty good IMO...made from 3/16" steel plate and heavy "auger" tube, they have been tested with .22 LR @ 20yards with complete success...spent lead simply drops out the back...need to visit the dollarama for a cookie sheet or two and round up a couple milk crates to set them on. Nice and portable. :D

Will still take them off the truck before using them :wink:

Al

Those look really good, Al. Two questions please. 1) Will we be seeing them at the next Olds meet and 2) Wil lyou be taking orders for tjem :)

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next