Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 am 

Thanks Dave. :) They will be at the next shoot in Olds for sure.

Al

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:04 am 

Thats cool Al maybe my boat anchor can stay home ha ha ha NOT.
Need that for Daryl and the cannon, LMAO

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:11 pm 

Think you might be mistaking "boat" for "ship"....yours is a SERIOUS piece of hardware. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:15 pm 

Well maybe ha ha :D

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:31 am 

If I'm not hunting, I plink on my humble little backyard range (still a project in progress!)

Pic from shooting bench:
Targets are at 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards. There is about 6 miles of bush behind targets, so no worries there!

Each target has a "spinner" attached - 3/8" @ 10 yrds up to 1-1/8" @ 50 yrds. Here is the 40 yard spinner (7/8"):

And finally, my high-tech shooting bench!:

Now that I have the basics figured out, I can start fabricating a more permanent, refined set up out of metal - if I can put the rifle down long enough!

Todd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:46 am 

That's a really nice place to shoot...I love pine trees and am now quite jealous of you. :)

Al

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm 

Sholo, thats a fabulous backyard range you have. My boys and I can only dream of one.

We can't shoot at our backard so we do most of our shooting in our basement (that is if the Mom/Wife is not around).

Here's a video of what we shoot at...

Target

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 pm 

R002 wrote:
Here's a video of what we shoot at...

Target

"This video is private"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:32 am 

Ooopppsss.....sorry

Let me try again.

Target

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:46 am 

sholo wrote:
If I'm not hunting, I plink on my humble little backyard range (still a project in progress!)

Pic from shooting bench:
Targets are at 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards. There is about 6 miles of bush behind targets, so no worries there!

Each target has a "spinner" attached - 3/8" @ 10 yrds up to 1-1/8" @ 50 yrds. Here is the 40 yard spinner (7/8"):

And finally, my high-tech shooting bench!:

Now that I have the basics figured out, I can start fabricating a more permanent, refined set up out of metal - if I can put the rifle down long enough!

Todd

That's an awesome back yard range you have there sholo. A very nice spot to shoot for sure! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:50 am 

Gippeto wrote:
A fellow..j.krug...posted a pellet trap he had made, a modified snail trap which was quite nicely done. This motivated me to get off me arse :wink: and practice my limited welding skills a bit. These turned out pretty good IMO...made from 3/16" steel plate and heavy "auger" tube, they have been tested with .22 LR @ 20yards with complete success...spent lead simply drops out the back...need to visit the dollarama for a cookie sheet or two and round up a couple milk crates to set them on. Nice and portable. :D

Will still take them off the truck before using them :wink:

Al

Those pellet traps are awesome Gippeto. Nicely done! I may just "borrow" your target clamp idea. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:06 am 

mes4u2c wrote:
Was up north this weekend to do some target shooting, noticed the bullrushes were up in the pond. Great to shoot at, they explode when you hit them and fly all over the place.

I've had the same idea mes4u2c. In fact today I think I'll head out to my local marsh to destroy a few.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:13 am 

I made this years ago when I was taking a welding course. They said to keep the project simple. I thought this was simple enough.I tested it with my 22LR a few years back and it held up fine but now I just use it for my air guns.
ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:13 pm 

Got bored of shooting at the pellet trap and also target paper so I decided to make it a little more of a challenge and figured Q-tips would work. They are hard to shoot at 30 yards . Usually 3 shots would do it from my Theoben Crusader 22 cal plus I had a little bit of a cross wind. I would just nick either side and the third one down the center. A few were single shots and the Q-Tip would vanish.

My friend didn't think that is was very accurate if I had to take 3 shots. The way I looked at it, I would miss by the thickness of the Q-Tip either side, to me all three shots are kill shots if I was hunting. Then he thought is was pretty good shooting and said he could shoot just as good.

I let him shoot for a bit , Q-tips were safe but I need more pellets now and a new back stop board..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:38 pm 

You are doing well with that beautiful (magnum) springer, nitris. People that have never shot one would think it's just another pellet gun. I found that if I haven't touched mine for a while, it's like learning to shoot it from scratch again. :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next