Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: COMPARING WEBLEYS
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:47 pm 

Thanks Sup. for the scoop.{on the Buccanner] shes a beaut!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:37 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
My own .02?

Forget the air pistol. If you take small game out of season....you're poaching. I've really no problem with someone poaching for food, but the authorities are likely to not see things in the same light. :wink: Carrying the air pistol itself shouldn't present any real legal issues, but it's weight. The ammo is weight.

It takes energy to move that weight. If you're going to expend the energy to move that amount of weight, I really think you would be better off carrying either more water, or more dryed food.

@agg....I'm always trying to learn something here....mind telling me why you would adjust the sights on your customers air pistol if it's not grouping? I'm not understanding how adjusting the sights can alter an airguns ability to group.

Al

Everyones eyes are different. The 70 year old owner did not know if his lack of accuracy was due to his vision or not.Therefore having eyes 15 years younger to check his sights is the reason why. I then start adjusting to find a baseline to start before "Dialing In" the sights. Obviously after more than 3 hours of sight fiddling it turned out not to be the owners eyes, nor the sights, and my intuition in checking the crowns is what solved the problem. If any experienced gunsmith had seen those crowns he probably would have said "ya they bored the rifling ok but it looks like they missed cutting the crowns properly. If not at all. You can "Believe It Or Not" Hope that answers your question Gippeto. Cheers /AGG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:54 pm 

air gun guy wrote:
Everyones eyes are different. The 70 year old owner did not know if his lack of accuracy was due to his vision or not.Therefore having eyes 15 years younger to check his sights is the reason why. I then start adjusting to find a baseline to start before "Dialing In" the sights. Obviously after more than 3 hours of sight fiddling it turned out not to be the owners eyes, nor the sights, and my intuition in checking the crowns is what solved the problem. If any experienced gunsmith had seen those crowns he probably would have said "ya they bored the rifling ok but it looks like they missed cutting the crowns properly. If not at all. You can "Believe It Or Not" Hope that answers your question Gippeto. Cheers /AGG

As it was you doing the shooting over 3 hours, his eyesight shouldn't really be a factor.

Was it not hitting the paper? Had to be hitting something for a "bad group" to be made. What I'm not understanding, is why you were adjusting the sights in the first place.

I've always found it much quicker to simply "get on paper" then find ammo that groups...then adjust the sights to that poi. Or was poi shifting THAT much with different ammo?

Curious situation,

Al

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 pm 

I am selling my HB22, anyone interested?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:53 pm 

Oh jeez, I just never replied to this. I hope that OPs travels went well, and that he had plenty of amazing adventures. And that he carries enough water. 2L of water is indeed very minimal, and one has to plan according to where they are going and on how frequently they will encounter water sources. A water filter, if backcountry hiking/biking across the country, would be essential. Some of them can even screw on top of Nalgene bottles (I've had one of them, and used it, also travelling across Canada).

As far as hunting goes, with a pistol, a well tuned 1322 would be a good choice. Make sure it goes right short of 500 fps, and get good sights for it, and while you're at it, use the shoulder stock. HB22 was a cool little pumper, but a 1322 is just way easier to mod to suit your needs, and it's light, and it's common. Regarding hunting out of season, you have to look for each provinces rules regarding invasive species. In BC, Eastern cottontails can be taken at any time of the year, with no bag limit, and with any weapon you want, including a "pistol" (a 1322 with a shoulder stock and an 18" barrel is still classified as a pistol), as long as you are in a place where discharging a firearm is allowed (most big cities and municipal areas ban it, and that includes slingshots, bows, etc.).