Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:12 pm 

was talking to the ower of crosman today,he told me that the are going to make thet phantom in 22 cal in non-pal from! that is in the new guns section on crosman,s web site. just wanted to let you know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:33 pm 

right on, good to hear they havent forgot about us. :D, i'd also like to see the summit over the border as well in non pal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:40 pm 
Site Moderator

The Crosman 2300T pistol would be easy to detune to 495fps. It's only rated at 520fps in American form. A different velocity adjuster screw would be enough to drop power to Canuck non-PAL limits.

http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1308

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:02 pm 

that looks so sexy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:35 pm 

That Desert Eagle looks SICK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:13 pm 

Very cool. Has all the basic things I'd want to correct on a 2240: longer 10" barrel, steel breech, proper rear sight, (sounds like) decent trigger. Then I'd just have to add some grips. Should make a very very decent pistol. And I'm thrilled about it coming in .22 instead of .177. Looks like we scooped the US even on this one. Is this the 2240 replacement? They are getting hard to find around here. And it means the 10" .22 barrels are back, for "spares".

I hope Le Baron will carry this, I'll definitely get one ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:14 pm 

I wonder if the Phantom shares the same power plant as the Quest or maybe the Legacy?? I tried getting a parts list from Sylvie a few weeks ago but she didn't have access to them yet. Hopefully the price stays reasonable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:09 pm 

that sexy new pistol is not coming to crosman canada
they have not plans to get them to de-tune it...even though it is ajustable....it will not be cheap either.
i threw a price at him of 300 bucks and he said he figured the same.
just go on crosman,s site and customize a 2240 all
up price sure gets high in a hurry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:47 pm 

Oops, sorry. For some reason (??) I thought the 2300T was the Phantom. I still don't know what the Phantom is! (search on Crosman doesn't even turn it up, I don't see it) I knew the 2300S (Silhouette) pistol was not coming here.

I don't see that the 2300T would be so expensive. If you make it on the Custom Shop it's less than US$100, a good part of that being the breech and rear sight. It's basically just a 2240 with things you can get now more or less, except the trigger, and in .177. For instance, that breech in preferred long version is being shipped to some people at the same price and order no. as the regular steel breech in the US.

The 2300S has some much more expensive "not normal" parts though.

The Custom Shop price is not that high when you look at what people often sell basic 2240's for here, and then add in the upgrade parts. A 2240 here + steel breech and you're at US$100+.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:51 pm 

cfraser wrote:
Oops, sorry. For some reason (??) I thought the 2300T was the Phantom. I still don't know what the Phantom is! (search on Crosman doesn't even turn it up, I don't see it)
Here it is and it's plastic :? self: (First rifle) http://www.crosman.com/site/new_2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:03 am 

Thanks! How the hell did you find that? Doesn't come up under search, doesn't come up under "new stuff"...screwy site. I still can't find it except for by your link.

Edit: ah, now I see. Their site is so slow (for me) I didn't wait for that new 2006 logo to come up...

Based on everything else new, I'd expect the rifle to be in .177 (over 1000fps in .22 from Crosman???) which doesn't interest me.