Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:17 pm 

Hello everyone.

There will be a regular CAFTA rules FT match at the Conservation Club in Port Colborne on Saturday, September 10th.

It will be shot at the regular power levels of 20 ft/lb and 12 ft/lb maximums on a 15 lane course. We will have Open Division PCP and Piston, WFTF Division Piston and PCP as well as Hunter Division Adult and Junior. Times will be the same as all our regular matches, with the gates opening at 8:00AM and the sight-in range opening usually by 9:30AM. Shooter's meeting is at 10:45AM and the match starts at 11:00AM.

Water will be provided.

Please drop me a line to let me know if you will be attending and please include the division and class you will be competing in if you plan on attending the match. I will order awards on the Wednesday morning before the match, based on the number of confirmed shooters I have in each class.

cft.mac@gmail.com

Hope to see a good number of you at the match. Thanks.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:40 am 

Great time yesterday at Port!

It was an excellent day, good company, targets and weather.

The organizers are to be congratulated. (Again and Again!)
Thank you all.

(Can you see the 3 targets in the picture?)

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 pm 

Some pics of a great day.

I know some others took pictures, so maybe we can see some more.

Some on the course, the shoot-offs and first place winners Joel, Don and Slav

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:58 pm 

Looks like a lot of fun! I see a Zoracki, a couple of 2240's and is that an AA Alpha as well? How would that, or the Izzy work for an FT pistol?

What ranges did you set up for the pistols? Special targets? Inquiring minds want to know? :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:31 am 

moltogordo wrote:
Looks like a lot of fun! I see a Zoracki, a couple of 2240's and is that an AA Alpha as well? How would that, or the Izzy work for an FT pistol?

What ranges did you set up for the pistols? Special targets? Inquiring minds want to know? :D :D

The Alfa pistol and Izzy both work well for PFT. The targets are set to fall with a 2 ft/lb hit and are set from 10 to 25 yards. The smallest kill zone we use is 1.5", making it possible for the Iron and unmagnified optics sight classes to see the kill zone and knock lots of them down. The Gamo targets are fine just as they come out of the box.

As for the gun, the top two in the scope class used a 1377 and a Mk11. These guns have had work done on them by the owners, but the guys holding them make the difference. An accurate pistol in the hands of these two is always going to perform well.

The compressed air pistols have the advantage of performing well in cold temperatures but CO2 guns have fared well in our matches. The indoor match setting for the winter matches has heat at the firing line, so CO2 does fine. If you think you are going to be involved in cold weather shooting with the pistols, the ones using air are probably your best bet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:04 pm 

Thanks!! :D