Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:24 pm 

Where can I get a GRT III trigger from Chalie da Tuna guy for my Stoeger X20? I am in Calgary. I e-mailed to the CDT site but no response.

Nick in Calgary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:33 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Eric has these
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... more-p-242

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:54 am 

scruffie wrote:

But that's the GTX Gen II trigger, he asked for the GRT III, he goes on to say that the GTX trigger is obsolete... he also states that the CBR triggers aren't sold outside the US, he doesn't talk about the GRT trigger.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:29 am 

DocGadget wrote:
scruffie wrote:

But that's the GTX Gen II trigger, he asked for the GRT III, he goes on to say that the GTX trigger is obsolete... he also states that the CBR triggers aren't sold outside the US, he doesn't talk about the GRT trigger.

Didn't read any of that info you list in ndabrens's want Ad.? Which seems to be his only post, to this point. :?
I was only informing him If he can't get the 111, the 11 will fit his Stoeger x20.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:27 pm 

ndabrens wrote:
Where can I get a GRT III trigger from Chalie da Tuna guy for my Stoeger X20? I am in Calgary. I e-mailed to the CDT site but no response.

Nick in Calgary

Hi there Nick,

I ordered mine directly from "Charlie da Tuna" earlier this year and had no issues with getting it... I'm surprised that you have not received any feedback from him.

Just to let you know there is a "small" modification that has to be done on your gun. A little filing required but nothing that anyone with a file can not take care of. But once you install the new trigger, expect a trigger pull of 1lb 14oz!!! just 8oz more than my TX200!!

I would try resending the email and see what happens...

Hope you get it soon as I love my X20! Still not a TX200 but pretty close!

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:47 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

DocGadget wrote:
scruffie wrote:

But that's the GTX Gen II trigger, he asked for the GRT III, he goes on to say that the GTX trigger is obsolete...

Who goes on about what? Bob Werner (Charlie da Tuna)? He has done nothing but badmouth the GTX trigger since he stole the design and starting making them himself a few years back. From what I have seen he will say anything to try and make it appear as though he "designed" the unit- so much so that at one point he was claiming that Woodward (the actual designer) was the one "copying" the units. The only reason he hasn't been taken to court on the issue is that lawyers cost a good pile of money and selling $35.00 triggers is hardly going to be build up a "war chest" solely for the purpose of taking him to task. He is also aware that the real designer of the units is not of the mindset to carry on the fight with him. Nothing is "obsolete" and this is just another bogus claim to try and flog his own units.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:53 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
DocGadget wrote:
scruffie wrote:

But that's the GTX Gen II trigger, he asked for the GRT III, he goes on to say that the GTX trigger is obsolete...

Who goes on about what? Bob Werner (Charlie da Tuna)? He has done nothing but badmouth the GTX trigger since he stole the design and starting making them himself a few years back. From what I have seen he will say anything to try and make it appear as though he "designed" the unit- so much so that at one point he was claiming that Woodward (the actual designer) was the one "copying" the units. The only reason he hasn't been taken to court on the issue is that lawyers cost a good pile of money and selling $35.00 triggers is hardly going to be build up a "war chest" solely for the purpose of taking him to task. He is also aware that the real designer of the units is not of the mindset to carry on the fight with him. Nothing is "obsolete" and this is just another bogus claim to try and flog his own units.

Thanks for the info! Very good to know!
So when it says
Quote:
BEWARE... there is a copy of my obsolete
GTX-II / GTX-III being sold out there
he's full of it.

Is there a difference between the GTX and GRT, it's for a Benji Trail NP 495? Any modification need to be done?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:55 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

He's full of it.

The only difference between the "new" units he sells is that he has had some vertical ribbing put on the trigger blade, which some people like, some not.

No modifications need to be done- it is one of the simplest 'modifications' that can be done.

Here are some instructions on it: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront ... nstall.pdf

and adjustment: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront ... adjust.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
He's full of it.

The only difference between the "new" units he sells is that he has had some vertical ribbing put on the trigger blade, which some people like, some not.

No modifications need to be done- it is one of the simplest 'modifications' that can be done.

Here are some instructions on it: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront ... nstall.pdf

Wheww! Is that a relief. I shall sleep so much better now that I know I won't have to toss my three obsolete GTX-II's for the newer Copy. :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:56 am 

AirGunEric wrote:
He's full of it.

That's really sad, how could someone who's regarded by a lot of people as the genuine thing be like that, I couldn't do something like that and sleep at night...

So do I order it here directly form you or do I use the link Scruffie provided?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:19 am 

There is lots of this going on in the airgun community.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:26 pm 

pabirdman wrote:
There is lots of this going on in the airgun community.

It really sucks, it's a good thing to have someone honest and knowledgeable like Eric to set the record straight even if it only reaches a few hundred people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:01 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

DocGadget wrote:
That's really sad, how could someone who's regarded by a lot of people as the genuine thing be like that, I couldn't do something like that and sleep at night...

So do I order it here directly form you or do I use the link Scruffie provided?

You can order straight from the website.

As for sleeping at night, obviously some people have no such issues with things like "conscience" and "morality" it seems.

It's amusing, while still sad, that apparently if you repeat a lie enough times, declare how everyone else's product is a "copy" incessantly, that somehow time gives such claims credibility.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:37 pm 

I got a G11 from Eric and it is great. Iput it in a Crosman Phantom and it made it like a different gun.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:23 pm 

So, here I am 10 months later, trying to source another CDT product in Canada and experiencing some frustrations. I would like to order the CDT CBR trigger for my Remington NPSS. The CDT site indicates the CBR Trigger is Only available in the U.S. I do not understand this? I am waiting on a response from them.

I also sent a message to scopesandammo.com to see if they can provide. I seem to recall that is where I bought the GRT III last September because I could not get a response from CDT! Challenge is that scopeandammo site does not list the CBR.

Why is this so difficult? It's a frickin' trigger, just like the other GRT except maybe it's some polymer.

Arrrghhh!

Please someone out there help!

Thanks!

Nick in Calgary