Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cometa Lynx Blue
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:56 pm 

So we had a great day out there ,time to work on the trigger[still stock].

I had to bake the trigger group for 10 mins. at 400 deg. to release the loctite and it was still tough.!
These tiny fasteners don't need blue even ,should be the small fastener stuff.
The reason for the anti tamper is the safety is a cross trigger block like an old shotgun..not a sear block.
Be careful setting and shortening engagement and travel.I prefer to not use safeties for the most part anyway.
I also lightened the travel shortened the first stage and took out most of the creep ,as an experiment I turned into single stage hair trigger put the gun together and banged it around [no pellet] all safe 1 lb. trigger.I then reverted back to two stage and opened the engagement screw 1/2 turn for safety.Probably a 3 pound pull weight too.

You need to remove the safety to access the sear screw so i put that back in last so I could adjust everything.
Could'nt find screws to replace the trigger screw ,so I turned my dremel into a lathe and machined the slotted heade down to make it like a grub screw.This is the first stage adjustment.
Safety back in ,two bolts to bolt to the action and 1 stock bolt and your done ,it tok me two hours with all the adjusting.
I installed the magazine now the gun is set up for 14 shots,I waited on this because I find guns are easier to dial in if you know your pellets aren't getting damaged by a mag...kelly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm 

Old Van wrote:
Yes, great rifle and so easy to work on. When I held it in my hands I was looking at it and the thought that came to mind was "Daystate/Theoben". There's just one thing Kelly. It's not blue! :D

If you want blue get a Weihrauch!,Some of fingers were blue anyway.. :butthead:
Good to see your AA 510 getting some use,now you need some proper size pellets ahem..kelly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:59 pm 

Any more info on this rifle?

happy with it? shot string?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:19 am 

I am also curious about this old thread any further info on this rifle, been considering it and want to know if it is worth it as you mention it can be adjusted if you have a PAL via hammer spring. Was it shooting close tot he 495 when just out of the box? if you can adjust 200 fps by the hammer spring then you would have a 700 fps rifle (16 fpe or so), a nice speed for most hunting and target shooting and get alot of shots out of it as well.

Have you tried any other air cylinders on it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:15 pm 

Hi Kelly, when are you bring out your Cometa to the range, bring it out next time.
I have been temted to buy one for quite a while now. Unfortunately I have no idea how to mod it to shoot 790fps.

Cool see you guys at the end of the month

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:49 pm 

Biagio26 wrote:
Hi Kelly, when are you bring out your Cometa to the range, bring it out next time.
I have been temted to buy one for quite a while now. Unfortunately I have no idea how to mod it to shoot 790fps.

Cool see you guys at the end of the month

ok just remind me..kelly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:58 pm 

kelly1 wrote:
Voltar1 wrote:
Kelly, how accurate?

I just shot the gun until it was off the regulator and it looks like it is set to 65/70 bar.
The Spanish guns are usually 90 bar, but Cometa will set them higher on request [they were shipping at 16 fpe.]and adjustable upwards...kelly

I have the Cometa Lynx V10 MkII in .22 FAC and I also bought a LW .25 polygonbarrel.
The Reg of the FAC is set at 110bar, and it comes with two different hammersprings. 16grains JSB's can go up to 310m/s but to much wasted air.
I get 140 shots at 250m/s (820fps) >> 30Joule (22FPE)
60 shots at 280m/s (920fps) >> 38Joule (28FPE)

With the 600mm Lothar Walther polygonbarrel with choke in .25 I get 60 shots at 260m/s(854fps) >> 53Joule(39FPE) using JSB Kings 25.4 grain.

The 470mm standard barrel (.22) has an OK precision, and not so pelletfuzzy as my HW100. The JSB 16grain and the H&N Baracuda Match 21.3grain are the best performers in this barrel.

Be AWARE...! If you are buying this gun, get the MkI NOT the MkII if possible...!

I got the MkII and it has taken a Whole lot of polishing and fidling to get the trigger in a usable condition, looks like they've really cheaped out there.. :twisted:

But for the Price, it's a really nice gun, and as Kelly stated. It's easy to Work with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEFsanFGDs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:30 am 

Cometa Lynx got upgraded.. :-) Put on a LW polygonbarrel in .25... it's a real killer.
It has shot a Little over 1000 pellets now, and keeps getting more precise.. :D

Range: 87 Yards
Time: Monday 8:00AM
Temp: 12°C
Wind: 3m/s from 8 o'clock, very little change in wind
Gun: Modded Cometa Lynx V10 MkII in .25
Pellet: JSB Kings 25.4grain @260m/s

Took a couple of groups before my heartbeat died down after "running" back and forth... really need to quit smooking.. :-\
The video is rather long, but hey have look, and tell me you think.. other than I sound like an old locomotive.. ;)

Video: http://youtu.be/my9wO5kw4To

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEFsanFGDs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:52 am 

My Cometa Blue should be at the post office tonight after work :-)
Any updates fellas?
How will I know if mine is a MkI or MkII?
Looking forward to setting this rifle, seeing how it is made and shooting it. Yippee!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:59 am 

cool Walter congrats looking forward to your review on it :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:33 pm 

Picked it up tonight and looks good so far.
Need to learn how to get it apart.........

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:20 pm 
Supporting Members

Voltar1 wrote:

Do you plan on eventually putting a shroud on the barrel?

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:34 pm 

notec wrote:
Voltar1 wrote:

Do you plan on eventually putting a shroud on the barrel?

Definitely needs the look of a shroud so will indeed add one of some sort.
Went through it last night.

Regulator uses a plastic slug to operate as the spring. Tested and outlet pressure at 1200psi
Changed to 22 c.i. tank from the 13 c.i. as supplied.
Worked over the trigger, stoning rough surfaces and added a 2nd stage bump to the trigger blade.
That allowed adjusting for a longer first stage and a crisp second stage with a wee bit of over travel.
Checked breech leade and it may need addressing as it is off a noticeable amount. Pushed pellets and there is even engraving so left it for now.
Single shot shuttle works fine but will be replaced by a tray instead at a later date. Did not get a magazine yet as D&L were out of stock. Closing the bolt you can feel the bolt oring snapping past the shuttle. I don't like that so will do up a tray.
Removed the muzzle accessory to check crown. It needs redone but will shoot it first.
Barrel is easily removed so easily done.
Removed valve stem and nicely made sealing at around 3/8" with a very stiff return spring.
Firing it in the shop the shots are crisp with no hint of hammer bounce.
Reassembled and mounted a scope. This thing has a very long LOP? Might need to shorten that some! It feels just like a B50 for lop and cheek weld. I prefer a shorter rather than long esp for offhand which is my favorite position.

Overall am pleased with my purchase and look forward to shooting it. Stock is beautifully finished, checking on right forearm could have been aligned straighter but not a deal breaker.
I wanted an entry bottle gun and the Lynx fit the bill.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:52 pm 

sounds like your pretty pleased so far, lets see a pic of your little gem. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:11 pm 

Pretty pleased with how it shoots Crosman 14.3 grain premiers in the tin. Stacking them at 20yds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next