Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:40 pm 

Ok, well... I work on these enough as a hobby I figured I would post up in here. I am willing to repair and restore the Crosman wheelguns if you need the work done. PM if you need a quote.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:14 pm 

cdnairgunner wrote:
Ok, well... I work on these enough as a hobby I figured I would post up in here. I am willing to repair and restore the Crosman wheelguns if you need the work done. PM if you need a quote.

Would you do a Daisy 179? I bought this one a while ago and got some info on a collector from Alaska, he said all the parts to fix the gun would be around 10$ but I never heard back from him :shock: :rolleyes:
These guns are so simple they should be sold as kits to assemble yourself, like the model cars we built as kids.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:18 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
cdnairgunner wrote:

Would you do a Daisy 179? I bought this one a while ago and got some info on a collector from Alaska, he said all the parts to fix the gun would be around 10$ but I never heard back from him :shock: :rolleyes:
These guns are so simple they should be sold as kits to assemble yourself, like the model cars we built as kids.

Ahh.. the magic catapult Daisy. I think I can handle that one Doc. Wanna PM with the details of what (you think) it might need? Or what you require anyways.

Kits? I would buy one of those if they were around!!!

J

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm 

This is interesting as I was going to buy a .22 peacemaker. Do you have access to parts etcetc? Or would that be on the owner to provide them?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:48 pm 

bodie613 wrote:
This is interesting as I was going to buy a .22 peacemaker. Do you have access to parts etcetc? Or would that be on the owner to provide them?

I have access to most repair parts, after figuring out what is commonly available and what can be used in place of normal parts. I don't have barrels or cylinders or major things like that though. Of course owner provided parts are fine as well. Mainly these things need resealed, refinished, and a good tuning up which doesn't require much. If something like the hammer is missing, that can be problem. But I might be able to do something.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:53 pm 

Do you chrony them too?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:59 pm 

bodie613 wrote:
Do you chrony them too?

I would if I had a chrony. Still working on that, I need one at this point.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:47 am 

hi . i have a peacemaker and need the cup that goes over the end of the co2 cylinder. i am south of sudbury . i may be able to pick it up if yuo have one . thanks. Jim.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:58 pm 

wrecker45 wrote:
hi . i have a peacemaker and need the cup that goes over the end of the co2 cylinder. i am south of sudbury . i may be able to pick it up if yuo have one . thanks. Jim.

Hey Jim, if you have a photo of the end of your gun or can PM me the model and variation I can see what I have. Most of the Peacemakers use an end seal like a 38T with a screw in retainer. If you have the earlier version you might be able to get by with an O ring. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 pm 

hey, Cdnairgunner, i did not get your pm...Jim

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:43 pm 

Require SA6 exhaust nut assembly, part# 45-47 in the Crosman schematics. Any chance of being able to purchase this item?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 am 

hdstbob wrote:
Require SA6 exhaust nut assembly, part# 45-47 in the Crosman schematics. Any chance of being able to purchase this item?

Right now I am limited to seals and some of the springs in terms of replacement parts. My diagrams aren't showing part 45-47, what year is your SA6?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:48 am 

I laid hands on a vintage Crosman repair manual that lists part 45-47. I would normally call this a valve stem, hence the confusion.

So, is yours damaged or missing? If by chance you have still have it and it is leaking you can press off the collar and there is an o-ring/seal inside the collar that you can replace. Chances are you will have to make your own seal though. If your valve stem is broken I don't have any at the moment but I can look around for you.