Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: I got a Desert Eagle
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:03 pm 

Ever since I first heard about this gun, I wanted to own one.

After reading Sniper's reviews and seeing his posted videos last week, the issue was sealed it for me: I would own one. Lucky for me, after making contact, he let me know he had one ready to sell, and the transaction was completed, slicker than owl litter through an instantaneous email money transfer. What a miracle this internet is! This was Thursday.

Friday, no dice, but Sniper's tracking number indicated the package was en route to my hovel, to arrive Monday. Thus, I spent my day clock-watching with more than my customary urgency.

Colleague: Why are you so happy?
Me: I'm getting a gun in the mail!
Colleague: Oh my god...you're not Muslim, are you?
Me: Shut up.

And upon arriving home, there it was, jammed into my mail slot; I was too excited about the package to care about the blundering indescretion of the mail carrier to leave my precious delivery exposed for all the world to see. Remember when you were a kid, and you couldn't wait to check the mail? Today, the clock rolled back to age 10, only now I'm packing a monster in my pants as WELL in my hand. Sometimes, both at once...

The new DEM is wild - just about the coolest air pistol I have ever seen. The gun is HYOOOOGE!!! My cat, familiar with these irrational outbursts, ran when I pointed it at her. Oh well, to the basement!

Down I went, and loaded 'er up...popping the release, dropping inside that tiny Umarex pellet cylinder, snapping it shut...only one thing left to do. I racked the slide, and aimed it at a can against the wall.

*BLAMM!!!*

The thing is shockingly loud in my townhouse basement (did the neighbours hear me? Man, I hope not), and the can didn't even wobble. I walked over to look, and sure enough, a pellet had zipped through like blazing, leaden diarrhea. I stepped back, and raised the Hand of Judgement again, and --

*BLAMM!!!* This time, the can went spinning into a corner. Boxes were there...full of stuff? Who cares.

*BLAMM! BLAMM! BLAMM!!!* And the can skipped a foolish jig across the basement. A few more shots, and the Eagle was spent, my target reduced to a pathetic heap of torn aluminum. There was no doubting the outcome of this encounter:

Desert Eagle, 1: Pop can, 0.

And then, stained with lead dandruff, my fingers reached into my can 'o plenty once more.

"I love you, baby," I grunted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:13 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

You got it bad man :evil:
Your only cure is a few more container of pellets(10) and more co2 boxes :twisted:
Until you get over it if you ever do :!: :!: :!:

Post subject: Re: I got a Desert Eagle
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:21 pm 

Stratocaster wrote:
Today, the clock rolled back to age 10, only now I'm packing a monster in my pants as WELL in my hand. Sometimes, both at once...

wow you should be careful putting your DE in your pants you might injure yourself ;) :shock: ooh that monster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:21 pm 

Welcome to the club!!! Did you try pulling the trigger as fast as you can yet? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:22 pm 

Welcome to the club!!! Did you try pulling the trigger as fast as you can yet?

You have to go slow, and then fast...

But yah, I ripped off a magazine as fast as possible. Only 8 shots - damn!

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:33 pm 

Hey, do any of you guys know if there is an easy way to get rid of the white paint on the slide? That's basically the only thing that spoils the look of the gun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:41 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Exellent post Strato..I pissed myself laughing. You my good man are an exellent writer. 8) I look forward to more of your wonderfully descriptive posts in the future. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:47 pm 

as do i

Post subject: Re: I got a Desert Eagle
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:49 pm 

Stratocaster wrote:
"I love you, baby," I grunted.

HAHA... :lol:

Good Post man.

CZ Slavia 631
HW45 50S
Industry QB78D
Umarex 1911 92FS CP99 SAA P08

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:21 pm 
Admin-2-IC

..........LOL............. excellent post, I'm glad you're happy .......

Yes, I think it's still the coolest handgun next to CR600. I've been using
the DEM alot now and CR600 can take a break.