Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:59 am 

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

Post subject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 am 

Doc, That's funny and it works just as well for the Calgary Flames :D

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:31 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

┈┈┈┈┈┈▕▔╲
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▔▔▔▔▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂I

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:08 am 

LOL :lol:

But no cup for anyone this year with an impending lockout.... :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:47 pm 

NHL can go suck woodpecker eggs. Ever since the first lock out I've not given them a dime. Until I can see a team full of players who are in it for the love of the game I won't spend a dime more either. It takes me 10 hours of take home pay to buy ONE seat in the arena in T.O. So that's half a weeks pay to sit there for 3 hours to watch some self entitled over paid over blown sense of self worth jock skate with a puck - and they have the audacity to say they don't make enough money when it takes me 20 hours just watch them whine?

Uh, on what planets that even remotely acceptable? Not mine!

OHL all the way. One hour of pay to get in, another for some brown pops and I get to see athletes who love the game, who are trying to improve their own personal game at a wage closer to real world pay - they play with heart, determination and the desire to show what they can do.

Too bad the NHL is run by a buffoon - I think he is actually high functioning psychopath - and it's going to make more and more people lose their respect for the league.

Nice bra BTW how true is that!?!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:30 pm 

Chewy wrote:
NHL can go suck woodpecker eggs. Ever since the first lock out I've not given them a dime. Until I can see a team full of players who are in it for the love of the game I won't spend a dime more either. It takes me 10 hours of take home pay to buy ONE seat in the arena in T.O. So that's half a weeks pay to sit there for 3 hours to watch some self entitled over paid over blown sense of self worth jock skate with a puck - and they have the audacity to say they don't make enough money when it takes me 20 hours just watch them whine?

OHL all the way. One hour of pay to get in, another for some brown pops and I get to see athletes who love the game, who are trying to improve their own personal game at a wage closer to real world pay - they play with heart, determination and
the desire to show what they can do.

Too bad the NHL is run by a buffoon - I think he is actually high functioning psychopath - and it's going to make more and more people lose their respect for the league.

I agree,

Kitchener Rangers all the way, I have to mention the Generals too!

Crosman 2240

"Boredom sets into the boring mind." - James Hetfield

- Derek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:32 pm 

STR8 Shot wrote:
I agree,

Kitchener Rangers all the way, I have to mention the Generals too!

Whatever, Go Storm Go!!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 am 

Uh go knights go!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:46 am 

I did catch a storm game last year with my daughter, we had front row in a corner. It was her first "real" hockey game, and man did she jump when the first check came into the corner. She was off her chair about ten feet, I loved it and so did she. The team that got me into the OHL were the Oshawa Generals when Tavares was playing for them, just befor he went to the Knights. I caught a London game a couple of years ago, they lost badly, it was unfortunate because I watched them in London, and it always sucks when the home team loses, unless Kitchener is the visiting team! Lol.

Crosman 2240

"Boredom sets into the boring mind." - James Hetfield

- Derek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:24 pm 

Chewy wrote:
Uh go knights go!!!

I agree Chewy! Go Knights! By the way, the last time the Leafs one, they were in B&W. If you can remember that, you are old as well. :lol:

Crosman:3576;1377;Phantom .22; 760;2289G;2240;C41:782
Daisy:Red Ryder;Model 25;15XT;008;Grizzly 840B;953 Target Pro;201;188;1200:717:880
Walther CP99 Compact
Umarex Steel Storm
Colt 1911 Nickel
Beeman P17
Baikal IZH60
QB78D

OMG 100+ now!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:32 pm 

Chewy wrote:

OHL all the way. One hour of pay to get in, another for some brown pops and I get to see athletes who love the game, who are trying to improve their own personal game at a wage closer to real world pay - they play with heart, determination and the desire to show what they can do.

we were talking about the same thing at work..."boo hoo we need more money...i cant live on my multi millions a season" they need a wake up call...let them get paid the same as an average joe and live an average but good life like everyone else...just my opinion tho

Dave[/color]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:17 pm 

daguasta wrote:
Chewy wrote:

we were talking about the same thing at work..."boo hoo we need more money...i cant live on my multi millions a season" they need a wake up call...let them get paid the same as an average joe and live an average but good life like everyone else...just my opinion tho

I can understand the players. Of course they're just a bunch of spoiled brats there's no arguing that BUT what are you supposed to say when your boss is making record profits and is imposing you a salary cap and asking you to do your part?
If Buttman had a head on his shoulder he would impose a salary AND ticket price cap, lower EVERYTHING, the salaries of the players and management, the price of the conscessions inside, the stuff for the fans (jerseys, flags, posters, etc) and everyone would be happy.
NO ONE could argue with that, the players would still be making millions, the owners would still make hundreds of millions and the fans could actually afford to go to a game without spending a more money than they make in a week. I checked the prices for an official jersey a few years ago and I went with a chinese knock off for less than half the price.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun