Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 pm 

BlairW wrote:

My experience with dealing rhonda via e-mail were the polar opposite of this. Response same day, and a few more back and forth emails same day, items ordered in my mailbox about a week later. Ive no complaints and will order from them again.

same thing too

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm 

BlairW wrote:
redlock wrote:
daguasta wrote:
I havnt bought anything from them yet but I recently made some enquiries to them...1st response took a day or two..I thought no prob...I responded almost immediately...3 or 4 days later still nothing so I sent a second email apologizing for bothering them but if it were possible to get that info...Rhonda's answer was not a bother ...have it to you later today...that was over almost 2 weeks ago now...hmmm
I understand they are busy but I think that's a lil much

It's too bad that some businesses put there E functions in place and refuse to service them. Some of them are even surprised that they need to spend time on them as if a web site will save time and operate by itself. It's just like opening a new store. I have heard over and over that SSSO is an excellant company to deal with BUT they take too long to answer their emails. That's too bad because it's the same amount of work to do it right away as to do it a week late except that you piss off your potential customer by putting off answering. They don't seem to get that.

My experience with dealing rhonda via e-mail were the polar opposite of this. Response same day, and a few more back and forth emails same day, items ordered in my mailbox about a week later. Ive no complaints and will order from them again.

I received excellent service from Rhonda and Michael.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 pm 

daguasta wrote:
I havnt bought anything from them yet but I recently made some enquiries to them...1st response took a day or two..I thought no prob...I responded almost immediately...3 or 4 days later still nothing so I sent a second email apologizing for bothering them but if it were possible to get that info...Rhonda's answer was not a bother ...have it to you later today...that was over almost 2 weeks ago now...hmmm
I understand they are busy but I think that's a lil much

well I gave them another go...I know people can have rough days ...heck we are all human right!?!...and I was happy...I decided to order some pellet samplers from them...this time polar opposite to my first attempt...the emails were quick n flowed nicely between Rhonda n I ...made a brief call too n she has a very bubbly personality which is pleasant...so I must say I will retract the negative comment I made before... :D

Dave[/color]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 pm 

Because of the positive feedback I heard about Mike and Rhonda I have tried dealing with them. They are swamped with growing their business, took them 10 days to return an email, (I re-sent it at day 10).
I think I caught them off guard reminding them to get back to me that Rhonda didn't actually read my email, I hope I am wrong and they actually DO have a rifle I want in another finish that isn't posted on their site.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 am 

Leeside wrote:
Because of the positive feedback I heard about Mike and Rhonda I have tried dealing with them. They are swamped with growing their business, took them 10 days to return an email, (I re-sent it at day 10).
I think I caught them off guard reminding them to get back to me that Rhonda didn't actually read my email, I hope I am wrong and they actually DO have a rifle I want in another finish that isn't posted on their site.

I have had the same issue with them, took over a week to respond to an email, on a few occasions, which ultimately led to me making the orders elsewhere. Combined the orders would have been about $1200-$1300 in sales, but if it takes that long to respond to simple questions, I have no reason to waste my time...

Airgunsource has responded to many of my emails in less than 10mins, not saying that is their standard, just saying...

Also I cannot stand the format of SSSO's new website, its a mess, probably my least preferred Canadian airgun website now...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:18 pm 

peterdulux wrote:
Need an Alberta based store.

Open one! 8)

I've dealt with SSSO a number of times, and all has been well. I phone 'em, though; I like to talk to a human when I buy something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:13 pm 

I'd like to say that even though most of what I said above was true, Rhonda did good by me albeit took several weeks to accomplish.

They actually did have a limited inventory of an item that isn't available anywhere in Canada at the moment ... It also isn't listed on their web.

Patience paid off but I prefer dealing with companies that have superior turn around times on communication.

Thanks SSSO ... I'm looking forward to my package.

Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 am 

I've dealt with Micheal and Rhonda for many years now and I can't explain how hard they will go out to help a customer. Whether your spending a $100 on an order or a couple grand. They do go outta their way. It helps them if you know what you want and do some homework prior to your order. But then this is just my opinion. We all want the best value for our hard earned dollar, so cut some of the vendors slack for their time, your not the only customer.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 pm 

I just had another with them. An item I ordered was actually out of stock so Rhonda sent me an email asking if I wanted to wait or just cancel the item. Emails were quick and they turned out to have some pellets that I either missed or were not on the website when I did my order. She added a few of them and removed the out of stock item and mailed it out quickly.

For those that say "they never read my email, I had to send it again" maybe the emails were lost in the system or the internet somewhere. I have had emails go missing and even had replied emails get sent back as undeliverable before.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:53 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

I'm old school and still like to talk to a person on the phone. Usually find it is quicker than making an e-mail as I can get so much more across in a 1 minute conversation. I used to hang around Mike and Rhonda's store when they were still in Langley. Bought the first Disco that they sold. So over time, was able to see their general attitude and how they interacted with people and customers. They always went out of their way and made sure that the customer was assisted and that they left the store happy. Since they moved to the Koots I continued to deal with them, over the phone. Nothing has changed. I am still receiving the same excellent service that I was receiving, when I was able to visit them at the old store. 8) 8)
E-mails always seem to have a habit of disappearing at the most inopportune time. The phone usually gives me instant response. One way or the other. :wink: