Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:11 pm 

averagejoe wrote:
Here is a 5 shot group @ 10 yards shot with my sub 500 FPS Brocock Concept. They shot 2 inches (exactly) lower than JSB 15.9s. They fully engaged the rifling in my barrel.

Bringing back the dead!
Now that you have had the mold for a while ,have you tried the pellets in other guns at different fps? If so,how was accuracy in all of them? I was just looking at the .25 cal molds he sells. I emailed him to ask about accuracy with the .25 cal,but was not very helpful on any info. I'm a little reluctant in spending a $150.00 for something that makes inaccurate pellets
Thanks. Walter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:12 am 

I haven't used it that much since I dont have any PAL rated airguns and they don't work well with the Brocock magazine. The pellets (that I made) were an average of 22.6 grains and pretty consistent as to weight usually varying =/- 0.1 grain. They have a slight taper from head to skirt ending up about 5.54 or so.

I sent some out to a couple people just after I got it and one person that replied back said he had good accuracy with them.

The maker is able to do smaller sizes or lighter weights so accuracy from one mold/pellet gun to another may be different. I know he used to have samples for sale on ebay.

Unfortunately with the lowering value of the Canadian dollar and the rise of the GBP, getting one would now cost around $220 or so.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:03 pm 

I'm considering getting one of these kits in the .22 caliber size, for using in a gas-spring modified Hatsan 135. It's producing 30.04fpe with 18.13gr and 30.63fpe with 14.3gr domes. H&N 21.14gr do not shoot well in this gun past 50yds, as the holes in the paper show them going through sideways. I believe that this rifling twist is too slow for the longish H&N Match pellets. Though the pellets from this Nomad mould weigh approximately 22gr, I think that their length will be shorter than the H&Ns and that they might be stabilized by this barrels rate of twist. I do not have any more of the H&N Match to measure their length, so I'll have to try to find out that info somewhere. I also understand that for a slight fee this fellow will make the mould to your own specifications. So if I slug the barrel and measure the diameter, is that the specification that I should submit? And, is linotype lead the only suitable lead to use?

Owen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:25 pm 

H&N Barracuda match:
8.46-8.54mm total length
6.4mm bearing surface length.
These were 5.52s @ 21.3gr (unmeasured as advertised)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:21 pm 

Thank you, Blarg! That's very useful information.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:22 am 

owen wrote:
I'm considering getting one of these kits in the .22 caliber size, for using in a gas-spring modified Hatsan 135. It's producing 30.04fpe with 18.13gr and 30.63fpe with 14.3gr domes. H&N 21.14gr do not shoot well in this gun past 50yds, as the holes in the paper show them going through sideways. I believe that this rifling twist is too slow for the longish H&N Match pellets. Though the pellets from this Nomad mould weigh approximately 22gr, I think that their length will be shorter than the H&Ns and that they might be stabilized by this barrels rate of twist. I do not have any more of the H&N Match to measure their length, so I'll have to try to find out that info somewhere. I also understand that for a slight fee this fellow will make the mould to your own specifications. So if I slug the barrel and measure the diameter, is that the specification that I should submit? And, is linotype lead the only suitable lead to use?

Owen

I am not sure exactly how specific he can get when making them. You would have to send him an email and ask about it. You might want to hurry as they are getting more and more expensive with the lowering Canadian $.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:20 pm 

Rather than start a new thread on this topic, I figured I would Necro this one. I am curious if anyone is still using these molds and how they might be working.