Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Tactical Super Blackbird
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 am 

Hello Fellow Airgunners,

Found myself with a little bit of time on my hands yesterday so in went to Canadian Tire and Invested $20 in some Paint to go
ahead and paint my blackbird. Having taken it apart about a dozen times to perform mods I've arrived at what I believe to be the finished
product. I have just finished installing a series of rails and grips in hope to make my Blackbird original and stand out to me with a distinct
look and feel. So all that was left was the paintjob. So here is my end result. Lemme know whatcha think!!

Cheers,

Reaper

[ImageIMG]http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r542/reaper175/Super%20Blackbird/IMG_18152_zps5b5b8d5d.jpg[/IMG]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:15 am 

:supz: thats violent !!!! awesome .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:36 am 

Thanks Gunzlaw!! I think it finally looks as mean as it really is!!!!

Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 am 

Mother of guns that a bad a$$ paint job, it looks really pro, any tips to get that nice paint job? What kind of paint did you use ? It looks really good we'll done

crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 am 

now that a real things ,,, :lol: :lol:
it have a hardly use look, make for rought job ,,
you can be proud of your job

so ,,its was easyer than you suspect first hahahahahah
im sure you have a lot of fun to do it ,,,

take care ,,,its easy to became a foolish camo painter,

i'l do the same for
roller blade ,mountain bike ,helmet,, alots of outours stuff etc,,etc,,,

target man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 am 

fine work! I will show a photo in a forum of Russia, as an example

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:51 pm 

Looks great!!
That thing is bada$$ for sure!

Sponge job on the cam paint?

My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSandw ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm 

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great compliments on the Blackbird! It really is like a new gun again that I've fallen back in love with.
It was so easy to paint and the satisfying results makes it soo worth it. I find myself displaying it around the house and
keep looking at it ahah!

Targetman - This gun has such a strong coat now I don't mind if it gets handled, I chip here or there will only give It
a battle- used look and I think will make it look better. The camo, When done properly is a very easy job to undertake.
and soo much fun to see your creativity come to life with your own personal stroke. I'm gonna paint the laptops, the dining
room table and the dogs next...addictive. but you have to start light or you can easily over-due it.

Iskander - Yeah buddy I'd be proud if you used my pictures on the original Mother Russia MP661k website. Just let them know that Canadians
love the Drozd variants to and are happy to keep this unigue airgun thriving.

Hammer Sandwich - Yeah I used the sponge technique to perform this paint job.

Adolfo - I think this really turned out bass buttock if I may say so myself.I used 3 Paints: Krylon Camouflage line up. Khaki, Olive and Brown.
I started by taping up the trigger, stock pin, inside the mag, scope lenses, battery well and removed the grips and scope.
Secondly, I put all the pieces roughly in place and made 3 Khaki stripes on the gun on the barrel tip, body and stock. covering about 70% of the gun.
wait 15 minutes and put on a second coat. then i flipped the gun and parts and repeated the process on the other side.
now the gun has a nice base for the other colors. be sure to use light, quick burts not to unevenly spray or blotch
the finish. I start with the lightest color first. I used a sponge that i had cut up into several pieces and for lack of the proper tool
i bite pieces out of it to create a porous surface, the more porous the better the effect. simply spray some olive paint into a dish or a piece
of cardboard and dab the sponge and aply over bothe the original color and the khaki. don't use to much as u can over do it.
afer its dry do the same with the brown. Then you can used khaki to go over the blended section and the original black section.
be sure to see all the angles on the gun and accesories. and you done. assemble and remove all your tape. and stand back and let
your work sink in. Enjoy!!!

Thanks again guy!!!

Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:29 pm 
Supporting Members

That is sick!!! Love it!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:42 pm 

Thank you Notec!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:59 pm 

nice freakin gun!!!some nice touches there.
nice work. 8)

sub 500 .177 Hatsan mod 33 with Quattro trigger open sites

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:31 pm 

Thanks quickreply7789!

I really wanted to have a distinct blackbird
And I thought the pieces really gave it the best
Look possible without going over the top.

Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:42 pm 

Very nice, both the pictures, and the gun! Looks like you went all out lol

I recently found out about the sponge-technique, and coated my drozd, along with a few other airguns, in a similar fashion.

It's so easy to get a nice pattern, it almost looks like digi-camo from a distance, but it's far easier to create.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:31 pm 

Thanks one_shot_one_kill,

I'm really glad that the Blackbird is being well recieved by members. I also felt that I had to step up my picture editing/posting game
because I didn't alway have the time/skill to post pic's but I found my unexpectantly having some time on my hands to medle around.
I believe that half the reason that we love airguns is not only the thrill and the sport of the shoot but Its also the looks, Its like
jewellery for men. nothing like a fine crafted piece of metal. I think that ART form is what I want to capture in my pictures, Finding
the best lighting, angles, accesories etc.
The sponging technigue is sooo easy to pull off and often the less you do the better it turns out. the Gun went from black to camo in
a total of less then 2 hours, That includes the tape, base, sponge and dry time!!! Easily one of the most satifying mods that can help
re-invigorate the experience and fond feelings towards a particular piece.

I would really love to see some of the rifles that you have painted!! Maybe we can encouurage some of the other members to
take the plunge and undertake such a task. so fun!!!

Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:45 pm 

Reaper wrote:
Adolfo - I think this really turned out bass buttock if I may say so myself.I used 3 Paints: Krylon Camouflage line up. Khaki, Olive and Brown.
I started by taping up the trigger, stock pin, inside the mag, scope lenses, battery well and removed the grips and scope.
Secondly, I put all the pieces roughly in place and made 3 Khaki stripes on the gun on the barrel tip, body and stock. covering about 70% of the gun.
wait 15 minutes and put on a second coat. then i flipped the gun and parts and repeated the process on the other side.
now the gun has a nice base for the other colors. be sure to use light, quick burts not to unevenly spray or blotch
the finish. I start with the lightest color first. I used a sponge that i had cut up into several pieces and for lack of the proper tool
i bite pieces out of it to create a porous surface, the more porous the better the effect. simply spray some olive paint into a dish or a piece
of cardboard and dab the sponge and aply over bothe the original color and the khaki. don't use to much as u can over do it.
afer its dry do the same with the brown. Then you can used khaki to go over the blended section and the original black section.
be sure to see all the angles on the gun and accesories. and you done. assemble and remove all your tape. and stand back and let
your work sink in. Enjoy!!!

Thanks again guy!!!

Reaper

Thanks for the tip, also I would like to know about your red dot, I want to buy one similar to that one but I don't know how good they are

crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4