Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: KWC Sig Sauer P226x5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:36 pm 

I received my new KWC Sig Sauer P226x5 a week ago. I am impressed with the build quality and finish, equal to my KWC Taurus M92. Initial shooting it was not as accurate as the M92 with groups 2' t0 2 1/2" with the occasional flyer shooting free hand at 20'. After stripping and giving the gun a thorough cleaning and lubricating and wrapping the inner brass barrel with ring of electrical tape just behind the O ring to take up any movement between it and the outer plastic barrel it now shoots as well as the M92 with groups of 1'' with no flyers. Another advantage of this P226 is that it is equipped with an adjustable rear sight ( for elevation and windage ) so you can set it up to shoot just where you want and no having to hold off. I see many people complain about their new fixed sights guns shooting to the right or left and either low or high, no two individuals sight the same so it is impossible to manufacture a fixed sight gun to suit everyone so one has to learn where to hold off to hit where you want. :drinkers:

Post subject: Re: KWC Sig Sauer P226x5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:59 am 

You can make it even more accurate. I made a barrel bushing out of hobby brass tubing and used medium thread locker to glue it in. No barrel play at all as well I had already done the electrical tape thing except i used heat shrink tubing.

Post subject: Re: KWC Sig Sauer P226x5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:46 pm 

Thanks for the great review & tips. I'm going to have to shim the barrel on my P226x5.

Did you know that even though it doesn't screw off easily the compensator will come off giving you pistol a new look.

I don't use the accessory rail on the P226x5 but occasionally on other pistols.

Post subject: KWC Sig Sauer P226x5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:57 pm 

Yes I spent a long timing easing the set screw out. Was thread locked very tightly.
I also prefer iron although I have a red dot for the full ipsc look