Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: multi pellet trap
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 pm 

Hi guys i finally finished my multi pellet trap i might be making them for anyone who may be interested all depending on the interest and feedback i get they will be for pickup within the GTA only sorry. I think they would be to much trouble and not worth the shipping.

So as you can see you can do some paper punching,can shooting and spoon and c02 air cartridge plinking and all pellet's stay in the box.

If you guys can think of any other good and safe ideas that could be added to the trap for plinking pleas feel free to comment thanks. :wink:

Here are some pic's.

this is the aftermath from a pellet hitting the spoon from 35 feet away with my P-17 :D

Post subject: Re: multi pellet trap
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:04 pm 

Nice little set-up! I think shipping would cost you more then your unit price!!!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 pm 

lol...probably
thanks for your feedback on the trap Rick :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:04 pm 

Thats a great idea, what is the back lined with?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:36 pm 

Thanks its lined with duct seal you can get it at most hardware stores i got mine at home depot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:52 pm 

Ace wrote:
Thanks its lined with duct seal you can get it at most hardware stores i got mine at home depot.

That's a neat pellet trap you have there Ace!! It looks very versatile. Does the duct seal completely trap the pellets and have you ever had any penetrate the seal and get lodged in the wood at the back?

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:58 am 

Thanks :wink: and no never had any pellets fully penetrate the duct seal even at close range when shooting through the chrono the stuff is just great. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 am 

Ace wrote:
Thanks :wink: and no never had any pellets fully penetrate the duct seal even at close range when shooting through the chrono the stuff is just great. :wink:

Looks like my next pellet trap will house duct seal from Home Depot. I like the fact that it's quiet as well.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:59 am 

I like the spoon idea :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:23 pm 

Hi Ace
I love your trap and thanks for your replies to my pm's. One more question. Firing your p17 and hitting the spoon.... Will the pellet penetrate the duct seal or will it just bounce off the seal down to the bottom of your trap?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:06 pm 

with the P-17 just shooting at the pellet trap not the spoons even at 35 feet it will definitely stick in the duct seal not a deep penetration but a good portion of the pellet will go in.
now when you hit the spoons depending on the angle of the hit from the pellet it will deflect and stick in the duct seal or fall on the bottom of the trap.
you will get the occasional pellet to spoon hit that will fly out about a foot or so out of the trap :(

hope that answers your question :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:30 pm 

I built a similar one, and notice that the pellets are maybe going 1/2 way into the duct seal.

Ace, do you replace the duct seal occasionally or just pull it out, remove old pellets and mould it back into the enclosure?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:41 pm 

not sure but you may have a little softer duct seal.
when i shoot my .22's they go in about 1/2 way depending on what gun i use and distance :wink:

I just get the needle nose pliers and pluck out the pellets then remold the holes with my finger or back end of a screwdriver and keep shooting haven't had to replace the duct seal yet and I'm sure i have put well over 4,000 pellets into it so far. 8)

which reminds me its due for some pellet removal :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:16 am 

Thanks Ace. Some are going in about 1/2 way. Others are just buried to the skirt. Good idea about the needle nosed pliers. I will dig some out as well.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:26 pm 

Hi Ace. I finished my pellet trap and its almost identical to yours. I noticed the pic with your spent 177 pellet that hit the spoon is not fully flattened. I did a bit of research and assumed that your p17 fires a bit over 400 fps. I have a beeman gt650 springer i bought at a garage sale for peanuts and the research I came up with is that its most likely a sub 500 fps. gun.
After firing a few rounds of pellets 7.3 to 10.3 gr. at my spoons from 25 feet, all of the pellets are completely flattened thinner than a dime. My spoons are completely flattened stainless and look to be the same size. Would 100 fps make that much of a difference or is this gun a 1000 fps. gun? It says made in Spain. All the newer ones are made in China and labelled 1040 not gt 650. Trap works great.