Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 pm 

Are you sure its the same size OD as the one I posted.
Can you post some pictures.?
Where you located if your close I'll be more than happy to take a look and fix it for you no problem.

Safety spring would not cause it to not cock are you sure you didn't take anything else apart that your not disclosing.

Look at my photos the second pic shows the safety spring is that what your talking about ?

Im almost sure your link is to thick OD, disassemble the gun remove the link you installed reassemble and try and see if it will cock that will tell you the link is to thick.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:33 pm 

DoubleVision, you messed up the rifle. You should ship it to me, I will dispose of it free of charge ;)

Crosman 2240

"Boredom sets into the boring mind." - James Hetfield

- Derek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:42 pm 

No sorry, that's not the spring i'm talking about, its the one in the trigger that holds the? engagement piece for the lock. me thinks
I'm on the big rock.

also I did not take anything else apart. thx

edit:
muahahaha, she's all back together! Man did I feel like an idiot.. not the first or last. lol all I had to do was remove the adjustment screw and plastic holder, and bam it all went back the way it was. The trigger is night and day! thanks Ace.. now how do I get the spring out to get some moly on it?

"When Obi-wan talked about the darkside of the force who knew he was referring to windows...?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 pm 

Ah! You removed the pin for the safety leaver that's why that spring and the "intermediate" bar I think its called fell out the tricky part with that spring is the little horse shoe shape end and unfortunately you can't see it in your picture because its behind the bar that little end needs to push on the front of the inermediate bar.

This mod that I posted doesn't require you to remove the pin for the safety you don't need to remove the safety at all to drop the trigger out.

So you got it all back together and working then :D
You like the way the trigger feels now :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:36 pm 

STR8 Shot wrote:
DoubleVision, you messed up the rifle. You should ship it to me, I will dispose of it free of charge ;)

Thanks for the offer! I could send you my used pellets...

"When Obi-wan talked about the darkside of the force who knew he was referring to windows...?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:53 pm 

Ace wrote:
Ah! You removed the pin for the safety leaver that's why that spring and the "intermediate" bar I think its called fell out the tricky part with that spring is the little horse shoe shape end and unfortunately you can't see it in your picture because its behind the bar that little end needs to push on the front of the inermediate bar.

This mod that I posted doesn't require you to remove the pin for the safety you don't need to remove the safety at all to drop the trigger out.

Yes I did get carried away.. I like taking things apart. hehehe When the spring popped out I knew I was in trouble cause I had no idea how it was sitting. Finally found a pic online that helped with the location but I didn't notice/think that the adjustment screw came off.

On an other subject have you removed your main spring to apply moly? is there a write up on this? cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:36 pm 

I have worked on springs on other guns but not on this one sorry can't help you there.

There all pretty similar so if your set on doing the spring job you will need to make some kind of spring compressor and just be very,very careful do some research first before you attack this its not hard to do just watch some videos do some reading and just make sure you pay attention to how you take it apart so you know how it go's back together. :wink:

P.S. if your gun is new I wouldn't bother with the spring lube job you still need to break the thing in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:09 am 

doublevision wrote:
STR8 Shot wrote:

Thanks for the offer! I could send you my used pellets...

Thanks! I have plenty of those though.

A word of advice, research research research. And just when you think you've got the mod/tune figured out, more research just to be safe. Taking pics of original locations before disassembly goes a long way when it's time to reassemble. Remember we were all noobs at one time or another :) (in comparison some of us still are)

Crosman 2240

"Boredom sets into the boring mind." - James Hetfield

- Derek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:37 am 

doublevision wrote:
Ace wrote:

Yes I did get carried away.. I like taking things apart. hehehe When the spring popped out I knew I was in trouble cause I had no idea how it was sitting. Finally found a pic online that helped with the location but I didn't notice/think that the adjustment screw came off.

On an other subject have you removed your main spring to apply moly? is there a write up on this? cheers

Here are some video's I made about 4yrs back, should be of assistance... :drinkers:

Complete disassembly/reassembly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTr0jfVbC4c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFThRvTIWVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Drq6hDkl4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHd44bXU4io

Spring Compressor...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkaEldsPwks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:37 am 

Awesome! Thank you for all the help guys. :prayer: Ace I could keep asking you question but don't want to litter your thread anymore then I already have. I usually do take pics of things i'm not sure about, this case was a little bit to gung-ho. After posting went on youtube and watched all those great vids! I decided last night I was going to make your spring compressor as it looks to be the best design I've found. Thanks for taking the time to make them... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:22 pm 

No problem if you have any further questions PM me and I'll help you if I can cheers. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:47 pm 

doublevision wrote:
After posting went on youtube and watched all those great vids! I decided last night I was going to make your spring compressor as it looks to be the best design I've found. Thanks for taking the time to make them... 8)

It works quite well and I have used it on many different models of spring guns, good luck :drinkers: