Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Where to buy gun parts?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:05 pm 

I'm wondering if there's anywhere that sells airgun parts. Specifically the blowblack mechanism for a Tanfoglio Witness 1911. The plastic part in mine is broken and the spring is bent, but the rest of the gun is still in perfect condition. I'm hoping to find a replacement for them rather then buying a new gun altogether.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:44 am 

Contact the manufacturer directly. It should be in your Owners manual.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:44 am 

rrdstarr wrote:
Contact the manufacturer directly. It should be in your Owners manual.

Good luck with that!
I tried contacting Palco sports AND Cybergun for parts for mine but never was able to get anything. Cybergun didn't even bother replying to me even after I contacted them to the adress Palco Sports gave me. In english AND french (as Cybergun is in France).
NOTHING, no reply, zip, zero, nada... One has to wonder where all the deffective guns go...

I would try contacting a store who sells them to see if they have a deffective gun (not the same problem you're having obviously) and see if you can purchase it for a a freaction of the price.

Mr. Marvin was selling a few non-working ones if I remember right.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:52 pm 

coreypenn wrote:
Well there is no need to replace the gun. If you are wondering for good shop that sells complete air gun parts, you can look for Zfi-inc.com where they have wide range of gun accessories in their stock. You will surely find the spring of your gun at reasonable price.

Looks to be mostly military and powder burner stuff on that site, though you can buy a rubber knife for about $12...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:55 am 

Quote:
DocGadget wrote
Good luck with that!
I tried contacting Palco sports AND Cybergun for parts for mine but never was able to get anything. Cybergun didn't even bother replying to me even after I contacted them to the adress Palco Sports gave me. In english AND french (as Cybergun is in France).
NOTHING, no reply, zip, zero, nada... One has to wonder where all the deffective guns go...

To clarify the matter neither Palco Sports nor Cybergun are manufacturers of anything. They are international distributors (middlemen) of airguns and airsoft guns. I’d be very surprised that they would stock any spare/replacement parts for their products. That would be just hassles for them. What they may/may not do is to replace the entire airgun. The manufacturer of the TW 1911 and a number of similar air pistols is KWC located in Taiwan. One can try to contact them directly. Whether or not they would respond is another matter. And the cost of the entire operation would be most likely pretty high.
Your idea about contacting a store asking for a defective gun (for parts) is probably the most sound. Nevertheless, from a general perspective we are in a very unfortunate position in Canada since there is no store here that could sell spare part for airguns. A bit better with airsoft but still nothing to brag about. Scopes and Ammo have some spare parts for the Crosman airguns but that’s all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:02 am 

airgunlover
Quote:
wrote
The plastic part in mine is broken and the spring is bent, but the rest of the gun is still in perfect condition.

Just for curiosity. Which exactly plastic part is broken and which spring (bent) are you referring to?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:23 am 

If you end up buying a whole new gun I will buy the old one from you,you can keep the magazine if its working good I would just buy the gun or if you are talking about the piece of plastic that is attached to the barrel being broken that's even better because I will just buy the barrel from you and you will have all the rest for parts and my buying it would offset the cost of your new one a little bit. Here is the link to what I need it... topic57110.html