Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: ruger blackhawk .177
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:02 pm 

Dont give up on the Ruger. Its one of the best springers available for the price. Its a Chinese copy of the Diana 34. Most parts will interchange.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:21 pm 

okay, the last 2 replies i will check into......the tolerances of stacking washers would be helpful

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:40 pm 
Site Moderator

alfard wrote:
okay, the last 2 replies i will check into......the tolerances of stacking washers would be helpful

You will need to go with "trial and error" to get the washer stack length. Your detuned spring has been chopped so you have lots of gap between coils when the rifle is cocked. You can reduce the gaps until the coils almost touch. You might like the firing behaviour with less than a maximum stack.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:45 am 

i will take a visual of the assembly,gage the gaps between coils and calculate the thickness of washers to approx 75 % of the distance. let you guys all know in a bit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:49 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
Dont give up on the Ruger. Its one of the best springers available for the price. Its a Chinese copy of the Diana 34. Most parts will interchange.

Bought the Ruger (Wholesale Sports, Winnipeg). Trigger pull so heavy the gun was practically useless for accuracy. Pull weight was not adjustable. Maybe I just got a bad one (from China, of course). Had to return it. Paid the (painfully large) price difference and got a Diana 34.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:34 am 

hello guys,

I'm trying to find the barrel weight that is on the Airhawk Elite, as it fits perfectly on the Crosman Phantom. (approx 2012 vintage for both). This, I find, is so far an impossible thing to source.
I'm not looking for anything fancy beyond that. the umarex/Airhawk weight is simple and slick, and that is the deal. I want enough weight and no cosmetic fluff. Just simple and clean, and has the max weight in the smallest volume.

Not looking to pay a ton of cash, or machining/bluing my own.

Every now and then you hear about the odd simple & perfect design..but it always seems to be yesterday's news and no one has one in stock.

thanks,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:01 pm 

KBK wrote:
hello guys,

I'm trying to find the barrel weight that is on the Airhawk Elite, as it fits perfectly on the Crosman Phantom. (approx 2012 vintage for both). This, I find, is so far an impossible thing to source.
I'm not looking for anything fancy beyond that. the umarex/Airhawk weight is simple and slick, and that is the deal. I want enough weight and no cosmetic fluff. Just simple and clean, and has the max weight in the smallest volume.

Not looking to pay a ton of cash, or machining/bluing my own.

Every now and then you hear about the odd simple & perfect design..but it always seems to be yesterday's news and no one has one in stock.

thanks,

How about one from a Crosman tac 1 ? easy to get and not much different looking.