Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Mainsprings...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:54 pm 

I know asking anything pertaining to springs, lube, laws and anything of that sort is like putting a fire out with gasoline here (especially with fps laws lol) but here goes a spark...
I am quite certain the Crosman Phantom and Benji Classic are the exact same gun (think tempo vs topaz, cavalier vs sunfire, mustang vs capri...) so my question is WHERE THE HECK DO I GET A MORE ROBUST MAIN SPRING! lol I would rather it be from Canada but i dont really care, Ive checked out Maccari springs but frankly I dont know what the heck im looking for :( and would like something a little smoother and a little more umph from my rifle...
please guide me in the right direction :( lol
thanks yall!

Post subject: Re: Mainsprings...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:58 pm 

Gravel agency, Scopes & Ammo, SSSO also has some Crosman mainsprings I think.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:02 pm 

Hacked2Pieces wrote:
I know asking anything pertaining to springs, lube, laws and anything of that sort is like putting a fire out with gasoline here (especially with fps laws lol) but here goes a spark...
I am quite certain the Crosman Phantom and Benji Classic are the exact same gun (think tempo vs topaz, cavalier vs sunfire, mustang vs capri...) so my question is WHERE THE HECK DO I GET A MORE ROBUST MAIN SPRING! lol I would rather it be from Canada but i dont really care, Ive checked out Maccari springs but frankly I dont know what the heck im looking for :( and would like something a little smoother and a little more umph from my rifle...
thanks yall!

What wrong with the stock spring theirs not a lot more power to be made going to a stronger spring and it will make the gun harsh to shoot.. They shoot nice around 700 fps if you have a PAL with stock spring .........

VE7SHM//VE7ZJ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:06 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
Hacked2Pieces wrote:
thanks yall!

What wrong with the stock spring theirs not a lot more power to be made going to a stronger spring and it will make the gun harsh to shoot.. They shoot nice around 700 fps if you have a PAL with stock spring .........

my phantom isnt too bad as is and its not really about more power just a cleaner firing cycle would be nice lol my teeth dang near shatter when i fire the ole black beauty lmao

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:17 pm 

Hacked2Pieces wrote:
lauchlin wrote:
Hacked2Pieces wrote:
thanks yall!

my phantom isnt too bad as is and its not really about more power just a cleaner firing cycle would be nice lol my teeth dang near shatter when i fire the ole black beauty lmao

A stronger spring is only going to make it worst

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:45 pm 

Hacked2Pieces wrote:
lauchlin wrote:
Hacked2Pieces wrote:
thanks yall!

Put some dampening compound on the main spring will slow it down a bit but will make it smoother...

VE7SHM//VE7ZJ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 pm 

Im going to try re-lubing the phantom this weekend, I have 3 different types of moly and a tub of spring tar... I have the 6% moly stuff from the local hardware store and then ive got the good stuff lol i initially used the 6% stuff cuz thats all i had but now i have the honda moly and beeman metal to metal moly i can do it right ;) any suggestions as to which I should use? Im leaning towards the honda stuff simply cuz ive heard good things about it lol

I just shot myself in the foot here havent I?! Lmfao!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:49 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I put a sleeve in a Phantom piston last week for an experiment. I find it took away some twang and might have smoothed it out a bit, but that might just be in my head.
I made it out of shim stock, only took a few minutes. I got the idea from reading up on the Ruger Airhawk on another forum.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:36 pm 

Woody wrote:
I put a sleeve in a Phantom piston last week for an experiment. I find it took away some twang and might have smoothed it out a bit, but that might just be in my head.
I made it out of shim stock, only took a few minutes. I got the idea from reading up on the Ruger Airhawk on another forum.

thats not a bad idea ;) ill go on the hunt to find some round here, the items i often look for (like moly paste or silicone paste) never turn up in my neck of the woods for some reason lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 pm 

Hacked2Pieces wrote:
Woody wrote:

thats not a bad idea ;) ill go on the hunt to find some round here, the items i often look for (like moly paste or silicone paste) never turn up in my neck of the woods for some reason lol

Glue some button on the piston will make it nice and smooth

look here http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/cat ... 365157.htm

VE7SHM//VE7ZJ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:58 pm 

And yes they work :lol: :lol: :lol:

VE7SHM//VE7ZJ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:06 pm 

Well im going to have to get me some of them ;) sounds like a great idea and i dont know why its not mentioned more! i can totally see them solving the slop, twang, noisesi and the rough ride some guns give!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:27 pm 

what do these button look like i checked the link but theres no pic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:47 am 

Ace wrote:
what do these button look like i checked the link but theres no pic.

Like a white dot

VE7SHM//VE7ZJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:57 am 

The buttons in this pic are black...
http://springgunning.com/tune.html