Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:30 am 

Plinkercases wrote:
I guess I am lucky the CT I go to is where my friend works who is from the forces and he and his buddy there open and play with everything they sell at sporting goods .

Good to know thats why i try not to get stuff from CT :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:08 am 

The two stores in my area, nothing marked "on sale" and nobody knows that they are!

Lindsay and Fenelon Falls

Harry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:41 am 

HarryEClark wrote:
The two stores in my area, nothing marked "on sale" and nobody knows that they are!

Lindsay and Fenelon Falls

Harry

doesn't matter i would think they still have to match the price from other CT stores even if its on sale.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:09 pm 

My wife just checked to see if the American classic pistol was on sale and it is not. Guess it's not all Crosman on sale as this pistol retails normally at Ct for $89.99. Was really hoping for a score.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:18 pm 

good news is that Plano soft rifle cases/bags are on at my local CT for 19.99 all sizes so I snagged one until i get my leather ones built. Good pattern to use I think..
Bad news I dont think this dealer will price match the quebec source for the browning leverage. on clearance at CT for 319 and on regular from Quebec on line for 245....big difference and if he wont match I may order it, pay shipping and still come out ahead.
Other news....no pistols on sale as I also checked. I think they are just trying to clear out rifles.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:50 pm 

You guys should be damned for starting a thread like this :evil:

just got back from CT with a 357 and a m4 ....... :shock: :mrgreen:

i had to argue with them a bit because it's not in the flyer but finaly got them :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:51 pm 

I don't know why but I have had my eye on the Crosman C41 for a while and Cdn Tire lists it for $99.99.
At 40% off I should be able to pick it up for $60.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:43 pm 

so good on anyone who was able to wrangle and get any gun they wanted but I had a chat with the informed sports desk guy and the nice manager at mine and she was able to point out that, while it is confusing and could be misleading, if you look closely just before the regular price after the "others" (not "all others") there is a stock number ending in X. That is the corporate catch-all so they dont have to list all numbers and also allows each store to put on sale depending on stock. They check thier ystsems at the store to see what X equals therfore whihch ones she would sell me at 40% off. Unfortunately X did not equal 1377.....dang. it was the only one in the cabinet I was after.
Good luck though.
Still happy with the Gamo gun case!

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:04 pm 

Too bad they aren't carrying the 2240 any more....

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:23 am 

Heck of a deal for some of those! I couldn't resist, but I decided to give the M4 a try agian. I'll do some research about modding it to full potential (non-pal).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:55 am 

Plinkercases wrote:
Unfortunately X did not equal 1377.....dang. it was the only one in the cabinet I was after.

While I like my 1377, if you don't have one yet I would actually recommend getting something else.

If you have RPAL, then you can buy a non-nerfed 1377 from USA for half the price of a nerfed Canadian one, but I would personally get a 2289 Backpacker from the US which is about the same price as what the 1377 costs in Canada, and if you want pistol grips then I'm sure dozens of people have ones to sell that they pulled from their 2240s.
Actually I saved the packaging from my Canadian 1377. I might be able to buy American 1377s and put them in my Canadian packaging before returning to Canada :P

Toronto is close enough to pick up things shipped to Buffalo, right?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:52 pm 

Today was final day in our local flyer for 40% off Crosman.
Not one sale sticker on anything that I could see, rifle nor pistol.
Was trying to flag someone down to ask them what, if anything was on sale.
Got tired of trying to find a clerk, so I finally left, ugghh.

TBark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:40 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

gctkaz wrote:
While I like my 1377, if you don't have one yet I would actually recommend getting something else.

If you have RPAL, then you can buy a non-nerfed 1377 from USA for half the price of a nerfed Canadian one, but I would personally get a 2289 Backpacker from the US which is about the same price as what the 1377 costs in Canada, and if you want pistol grips then I'm sure dozens of people have ones to sell that they pulled from their 2240s.
Actually I saved the packaging from my Canadian 1377. I might be able to buy American 1377s and put them in my Canadian packaging before returning to Canada :P

Toronto is close enough to pick up things shipped to Buffalo, right?

Having a restricted pistol comes with a lot of rules. Not worth the hassle.
You can not fire it anywhere but a lisenced range, can't transport it anywhere other than said range.
You can get a 1377 close to 500fps, the extra 100-150 fps is not worth the hassle.
I believe the 2289 is classified as a pistol, same rules would apply.

Smuggling a restricted firearm over the border is not such a good idea either. I know "it is only an airgun" but the laws are in black and white, no grey area that says restricted airguns are allowed to be smuggled.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 pm 

True, my better judgment also advises myself against any illegal activities with the 1377.

The 2289 I believe can be imported without any license if the package says 480fps.

I would like to get a 2289 but in the interest of keeping my collection to a manageable size (yeah right) - I think I may only ever get two or three rifles and only one more pistol from here, maybe one powderburning rifle. Really have to try hard to resist the itch and choose well when it is time to make those purchases.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:01 am 

I see the Crosman 357 CO2 Revolver Air Pistol is on sale, Matt & I picked one up for me a few weeks back, good price, even gooder fun :rolleyes:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/crosm ... 2275p.html