Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 pm 

I picked one of these up when they were on sale for $60 at CT. There are less than 100 shots through it. My buddy was pumping it with the stock under his arm or wedged between arm and his side, he doesn't recall how he had it exactly. Needless to say it wasn't a good way to pump it as the stock snapped right off, 3 pieces now. His face dropped a bit when it happened and I thought he pinched his fingers. I hadn't thought about it as I was holding the top rail to pump it but, I added a scope and you can't easily hold it there now. Shouldn't have let him try it first, I didn't even get a go with the new scope, lol.

It's a pretty weak spot, be careful if you have one. Not having much luck finding a replacement either. A nice aluminum piece would be cool. :)

I may try to fix it but, any fix I've come up with so far makes it tough if I ever needed to open the gun up down the road.
A point in the right direction for replacement parts would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Last edited by BigGoofball on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:24 pm 
Supporting Member 2013

that sucks , ive thought of getting one for the kids , maybe not :) .looks almost the same as airsoft guns i have here somewhere . i'll look around and see if i can find the parts i have .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 pm 

Repairing it might not be worth it since the gun is only $60. You could try ask airguneric if he sells the replacement parts. I would just do a DIY repair and accept that it's not made to last.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:34 pm 

Let me know if it's like something on an airsoft gun. I've also been told that Umarex has something with a similar stock but, I'm unsure what that may be.
Ya, I'm not worried about the cost of it, even at it's regular price I can always just go get another one. I just figured a small piece of plastic can't cost that much and if I got a new piece I would beef it up so it won't happen again.
You're right, I may just drive a big old screw into it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:40 pm 

worth a shot to try to take it to CT...doesnt sound like it was being abused so they may just accept it as faulty and give you a new one.
or you could try to work up a funky wire frame type stock and bolt it on.....poor friend must feel bad....buy him a beer. (Molson Stock Ale ...if they still have it.)

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:42 pm 

Crosman is pretty good at customer service if you approach them.
Someone there has undoubtedly done the math on how many times this will happen for each model.
They might surprise you with a replacement part or gun (which is likely cheaper for them then the man hours arranging parts for a user non-serviceable rifle).

It's not like you were chopping a christmas tree down with it.
Ring them on the telemaphone.

http://www.crosman.com/cs

For our Canadian customers please contact...
Gravel Agency
866-662-4869 - Phone (Toll Free for Canada)
418-682-3343 - Fax
csr@gravelagency.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:44 pm 

LMFAO...plinkercases, man you bad :lol:

you're the laughing stock of this forum !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:59 pm 

He did feel bad and we did drown our sorrows with a few beers, not Stock though. lol
I wasn't going to go back to CT as there is a do not return to store note on the instruction manual. I tried to buy something from the Crosman site but, at checkout it said they don't ship to Canada. I'll try the toll free number, of course I didn't think of or look for that. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:09 pm 

Robipaul....Thanks..I think....words are to fun to play with to not play with them..words.

Bog Goof Ball

Crosman in Canada:
Gravel Agency
1-866-662-4869
Gravel Agency Inc.• Agence Gravel Inc.
1530, Provinciale Quebec Qc G1N 4A2 Canada

Chelsea Singoorie
Customer Service Representative • Représentante service à la clientèle

chelsea.singoorie@gravelagency.com

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:17 pm 

My son was playing around with the M4-177 this past weekend and the stock from his cheap airsoft rifle fit right on! pretty much the exact same thing as far as i can see...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:21 am 

Did the exact same thing with mine. I was pumping it up while holding it by the pistol grip and it somehow was being wedged against my forearm and the stock snapped off. I just used some gel type superglue (Loctite) and glued it back on. I put a long bar clamp on full length of the gun to hold it until the glue set.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:24 pm 

Update on this. I just went ahead and epoxied it back together. It's super strong and won't break again, probably strongest part on the gun now. Unfortunately 3 shots after the repair and it doesn't hold air when you pump it up anymore. I'll give this gun 2 thumbs down and although I was considering another one when it initially broke, I won't bother now.
Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:52 pm 

BigGoofball wrote:
Update on this. I just went ahead and epoxied it back together. It's super strong and won't break again, probably strongest part on the gun now. Unfortunately 3 shots after the repair and it doesn't hold air when you pump it up anymore. I'll give this gun 2 thumbs down and although I was considering another one when it initially broke, I won't bother now.
Cheers

Can you hear where the leak is coming from? You can try putting some 30W non detergent motor oil or pellgunoil on the seals.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:33 pm 

No, I can't hear any leaks. The first pump has the same resistance as all pumps afterward. I'm not going to try to fix it, I've accepted that it's junk. Thanks for the advice, might need it for something else.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:36 pm 

I'm glad I didn't go for one of these when it was on sale. The M4 theme is really cool, but I dislike poorly designed airguns made of toy-grade plastic.