Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:15 pm 

Thanks for the feedback. I left it tight to eliminate sear and trigger wobble, but am surprised the spring had trouble. Is it a stock spring?

Post subject: Re: 2240 trigger frame
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:44 pm 

No, I don't have stock spring anymore. I have lighter spring with guide, that's probably why.

Here is a pic of my 2540 with the trigger frame on :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:55 pm 

very nice looking steph :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:54 pm 

Very nice and very shiny. Are you leaving the frame side polished or going to paint it? It looks like a mirror. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:12 pm 

You make your own grips Stephane?

Looks good!
Eagerly awaiting my three!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:36 pm 

Should be there this week Rick...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:46 pm 

This has been a very interesting thread, especially because I understand I'm going to have one of these in my current build project (I dream, someone else builds). But honestly, I haven't read any quires and answers regarding the benefits of this mod (I'm not at all challenging Michael's wizardry).

Do the enthused group in this thread know more than I (Question was rhetorical and yes, I know you do)? Steel breech replacement I understand. Trigger work I understand. Valve work I understand. But what are we going here to improve a $60 gun's performance other than trying to make all the other mods last longer -- or is that it? In that case, I would understand.

:?:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:50 am 

Well Murray,
The plastic side plate flexes all over the place. The more it moves the worse you trigger and sear move around.
Yes one will be on your carbine and possibly one on your pistol, leaving one for me. You'll need to check your email, I got a major part in on Friday.

Brocock Concept .22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:05 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
This has been a very interesting thread, especially because I understand I'm going to have one of these in my current build project (I dream, someone else builds). But honestly, I haven't read any quires and answers regarding the benefits of this mod (I'm not at all challenging Michael's wizardry).

Do the enthused group in this thread know more than I (Question was rhetorical and yes, I know you do)? Steel breech replacement I understand. Trigger work I understand. Valve work I understand. But what are we going here to improve a $60 gun's performance other than trying to make all the other mods last longer -- or is that it? In that case, I would understand.

:?:

Sometimes there's a niceness to the thing that makes it worth while. I've resisted most of the non-functional bling for my 2240 up to now, but this is a really nice piece of work that gets rid of the last bit of plastic on my pistol. I have some of Charlie Mellon's work on my gun, now some of Michaels and some of my own. That's kind of neat. And as Rick said, it's not entirely non-functional - it does form half the mounts and bearing surfaces for the trigger group, an area you really want to be as stable as possible.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:55 am 

These grips come from verticalforce, he sell on ebay.

And yes, I'm leaving the plate all shinny! I love how it matches the beautiful .25 barrel from Gipetto...hahaha!

This part is functionnal, light, beautifully made and when you are there with your 2240, it's just the cherry on top 8)

Stephane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:25 am 

stephane5813 wrote:
These grips come from verticalforce, he sell on ebay.

And yes, I'm leaving the plate all shinny! I love how it matches the beautiful .25 barrel from Gipetto...hahaha!

This part is functionnal, light, beautifully made and when you are there with your 2240, it's just the cherry on top 8)

Stephane

Beautiful pistol!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:18 am 

Just an update, my media is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:08 pm 

DerekVinyard wrote:
Just an update, my media is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

media? OHHHHhhh! For your sand blaster!! Duh, Rick!

Has any found steel rod for making precise fit trigger and sear pins? They fit so loose on the frame and parts! Just makes me crazy and hard to do a decent trigger job! Think I will try grinding some on the spherical grinder at work this week!!!

Brocock Concept .22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:22 pm 

Media for my polishers...

The pins are just over 1/8", so a nice tool post grinder could make some great ones from 4mm rod.

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:41 am 

Parts completed in the polisher over a week ago, just waiting for the weather to be right on the one day I have off each week. Cross my fingers for this Saturday...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next