Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:16 pm 

Seems like these "Penny Bombs" are kinda neat.

Just take a bunch of roll caps and fold the roll straight down the center and then wrap it around a penny, very tightly.

Take some scotch tape and tightly wrap it with the tape.

You can then use some double sided tape to stick them to things or just balance them and then when shot at with a bb or pellet, they go bang!

Or crush strike anywhere match heads into a beer bottle cap and then pack a penny in after, tape it up and shoot, makes a nice bang also!, Just make sure you wear safety glasses incase the penny comes flying back at you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:06 pm 

If you have a swampy area near you get some cat tails they give off a nice puff when you hit them and you will get a few shots from each one before they are gone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 pm 

Yeah, used to shoot cattails when I was a kid in East Kelowna. Even with my pathetic Czech break-barrel .22" probably shooting around 400fps the cotton would fly nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:05 pm 

I hope this little guy want one of your targets Gerard......fur.. cotton.. fur?

Attachments:
cattail.jpg
cattail.jpg [ 5.98 KiB | Viewed 611 times ]

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:11 pm 

Dang, that's just mean.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:44 pm 

I don't condone it of course but I am glad you said cotton not fur...
I was at my grandfathers farm when about 11 with my pellet rifle (never shot live things) and there was bird well away on a post and 'as a joke" I shot from the hip and ...yup...poof....I felt like crap. I am all for eating what you hunt and since I don't need or like to I don't hunt personally... but no I am not one to encourage cruelty to animals...
humor at their expense perhaps should also be watched more carefully....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:58 pm 

Strange. I was about a year older than that when I shot from the hip, hitting a yellow finch at the top of a pine tree about 40' away. Just showing off for my younger brother, said "hey, watch this" and shot without even thinking, from the hip like cowboy film nonsense. By the time the bird hit the ground I decided to sell the pellet rifle to a friend and buy a knife instead, something I could carve with. It was a terrible choice of knife... but it taught me what not to use for carving and put me on the path towards better tools.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:24 pm 

Famous last words..... "hey watch this!"
Better tools are nice though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:15 pm 

Plinkercases wrote:
Famous last words..... "hey watch this!"
Better tools are nice though.

Yea, I understand the whole hunting thing, one of my best friends hunts with his family every year. But they harvest every last thing they can.

Unless you have a serious pest problem or are a hunter that actually harvests everything you can, I don't agree with just shooting and killing animals just for the sake of shooting and killing.

Personally, I could never shoot or harm any animals... which is why I've turned down all the hunting trip offers.

BUT I SURE LOVE SHOOTING CANS AND TARGETS!!! lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:34 pm 

A good friend on the forum says "If it breaths don't shoot it unless you are going to eat it."
I am glad to say my impression of our members here is that that are all in all a very humane and respectful group of hunters.
Event to the point of challenging each other respectfully on issues of humane kills, and reasons for the live target shots etc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:17 pm 

I got some caps yesterday.Rolled up about 20 or so nice and tight and i taped the right on my spoon spinners.They are around a quarter inch square and i taped them with scotch tape so they are like a bullseye in the middle of the spoon. Some of them make a heck of a bang.lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:16 pm 

When I was a kid I found a puffball growing in the field behind the house. It had been growing there for a while and had turned dark grey in colour so just for grins I took a shot at it with the pellet gun and there was a nice puff of powder (spores actually) when struck.

The Airgun Gear Show from the UK does a "Balloon Shoot Challenge" video on Youtube. Essentially it is someone releases a helium filled balloon and they have to shoot it out of the air with an airgun. Tricky to do especially in a high wind as was the case in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VCqWTN8-90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:21 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I have always wanted to make salt dough and form little targets. I got the idea when I saw the little Daisy skeet type targets. I figured it would be much cheaper to make a batch of salt dough and the leftovers after a session would not be bad for the enivironment.
Guess you can get cookie cutters and make all sorts of shapes and different targets.
Now to just find the time to actually do it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:06 pm 

TruckShackley wrote:
When I was a kid I found a puffball growing in the field behind the house. It had been growing there for a while and had turned dark grey in colour so just for grins I took a shot at it with the pellet gun and there was a nice puff of powder (spores actually) when struck.

Puff balls are a blast! literally!

The Airgun Gear Show from the UK does a "Balloon Shoot Challenge" video on Youtube. Essentially it is someone releases a helium filled balloon and they have to shoot it out of the air with an airgun. Tricky to do especially in a high wind as was the case in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VCqWTN8-90

Just be sure you have a long enough field to take aerial shots!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:13 pm 

Its ok if they are being held by clown though...clowns are creepy......

Attachments:
clown balloon.png
clown balloon.png [ 105.42 KiB | Viewed 506 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next