Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:45 pm 

Burst fire parts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:51 pm 

I know his feeling all to well :rolleyes: Wow there you go those are the best pictures you will find!

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:56 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
There are a lot pics out there of the inside of it! I wish they would stock something like the spring for the bb feed.Did you take the reciever apart?

I took everything apart, lol...bad idea?

paddyfritz wrote:
Burst fire parts

Cheers for the upload paddy, unfortunately, literally everything fell apart. There is no way I would be able to figure any of this out. But at least I gave it a shot at opening it up, lol

Thanks guys, I've already placed my order at airgunsource.com. should be here in 2 days.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:52 pm 

Well, my second Steel Force is having the exact same issues as my first one. Just jams up / stops firing. When it jams up, if I knock on the right side of the gun, where all the gears and charging pull is, it fires off a round, I then pull the charge again and it still won't fire.

So I pull the charge like 5 more times in a row, and it'll fire off either one single burst in single fire mode or if in 6 fire burst, it'll fire off one burst.

Meanwhile, my friend with the Steel Storm hasn't had one single issue with his gun. We both have the JimC bulk air kits with 20oz CO2 tanks connected.

I just don't understand why the Steel Force has so many issues and why the Steel Storm is fine, considering they're supposed to have the exact same innards...right?

Unless it's just a matter of me being unlucky twice in a row...

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:29 pm 

Really crappy video, first time using the video on the phone, and I am holding the phone with one hand and shooting with the other.
This one has the full auto mod and my trigger fix mod done.

http://s549.photobucket.com/user/captiveherps/media/MyMovie_zps87df5224.mp4.html

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:16 am 

You did the barrel extension and FA...nice!

I think it's just bad luck of the 2,I've sent one back because there was co2 but no firing bb's..i have another acting up..

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:24 am 

The trigger does not put much force on the sear. If the bolt is not very well lubed, it will remain open, and not fire.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:01 pm 

Hey gang. I'm new to airguns. I bought a umarex steel force on a whim. I wasn't expecting much, but when it arrived that changed. It is just so much fun. I love seeing the expressions on my friends faces when they hear the six round burst for the first time. Since seeing mine, five guys now own one. But sadly, I didn't send in my warranty card. So when mine quit working I was SOL. It would no longer fire, but would if hit on the side. Like the guys here mentioned. I lubed mine every time I changed co2 so I couldn't imagine that being the prob. So I took it apart. I read online that there are lots of springs so I was careful. From what I can tell, from mine, is that long skinny part that sits behind the trigger was bent. The part is in the photos I've seen on here. It's the part you can see move when pulling the trigger, and looking in the magazine receiver. I took it out, carefully straightened it, put it back together and it works. Sorry for the long winded message.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:42 pm 

Excellent post; I discovered the same thing. It's a design flaw. That bolt release lever should be made out of a stronger metal that won't bend when you repeatedly pull the trigger.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:13 pm 

Do you have a pic of the other side of the inside?When you pulled the 2 halves apart?

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:52 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
Do you have a pic of the other side of the inside?When you pulled the 2 halves apart?

I dont, nothing much going on in the other half.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:18 pm 

That's the part where I had trouble lol I was thinking to much about what was in the bottom.

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:28 am 

You guys are awesome. I realize these posts were made quite a few years ago that's about the time I hung my steel Force up in the garage and it's set there not operational till now. I've been checking it out and I haven't seen problem everybody else does it won't fire and they say tap it on the side then it'll shoot a single round. Then I found that if I slam the bottom of the mag upwards into the receiver it shoots full auto not just six round burst but empties the entire reservoir. Straight on full Auto without any mod however as cool as that is I would much rather have it operating properly. I don't really want to take this going apart because it looks pretty hairy but I'm thinking it is that bent part behind the trigger so I may have no choice. Thanks for all the info I found you guys are awesome. Hope you guys are still around seeing how I'm just now joining up with this forum in the past few years I've collected quite a few BB guns mainly because of the judicial system saying that they're not allowed to have real firearms but I have more fun with the replicas anyway really digging the full autos they have these days pretty sweet. Be safe everybody watch out for the covid.... And its handlers.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:03 pm 

Hello, I don't know if anyone will read this but I have to try. So I got a Umerex steel force airsoft gun, which worked fine in the beginning but after some time the gun started to skip shots to the point that it doesn't shoot anymore. I decided to see the inside of the gun and of course, a lot of pieces got out, with some time I was able to put everything back together except for this thing. /Users/kirrarobledo/Desktop/IMG_0612.JPG
/Users/kirrarobledo/Desktop/IMG_0613.JPG
Hope to find someone to help to put that thing back together.

I tried to upload some pictures but I don't know how to so...

"Be great in act as you have been in thought". -William Shakespeare

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:09 pm 

kirra16445 wrote:
Hello, I don't know if anyone will read this but I have to try. So I got a Umerex steel force airsoft gun, which worked fine in the beginning but after some time the gun started to skip shots to the point that it doesn't shoot anymore. I decided to see the inside of the gun and of course, a lot of pieces got out, with some time I was able to put everything back together except for this thing. /Users/kirrarobledo/Desktop/IMG_0612.JPG
/Users/kirrarobledo/Desktop/IMG_0613.JPG
Hope to find someone to help to put that thing back together.

I tried to upload some pictures but I don't know how to so...

"Be great in act as you have been in thought". -William Shakespeare

Your photos don't show.