Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:41 pm 

I just got off of the phone with CC, and you wouldn't believe the crap that's going on there. First off, the guy I'm talking to (where are the great ladies I usually talk to?) has NO idea even how to punch in part #'s. This is fine, everybody has to learn, but for crying out loud put me on hold and ask someone! Don't make me talk to you and then listen to you talk to someone else finding out how to do it....better yet: let ME talk to that person directly! I don't want to (and SHOULDN"T have to) pay the long distance charges (no 1-800 #...that's another thing!) because your staff isn't trained.

Next, I try and order a spring (.99 cents) that I need ASAP, and a pushrod and a couple other things. I'm told that they don't have the pushrod in stock (not my problem), and that it MAY be in tuesday. So I proceed to tell him to send me the spring (which I need right away) and he tries to charge me 6 DOLLARS shipping! I then ask him if he will use the 6 bucks to cover the second shipment next week, and he says "Nope, that will cost you another 6 dollars. I don't make the rules" Give me a break! 12 bucks to ship 8 dollars worth of parts?!?! I gues it means SFA to them that I bought the gun from them....as well as another 1800.00 (yes eighteen HUNDRED) dollars of their product in the last 6 mos. They just want to make sure they get their lousy 6 bucks to put a F@%!$#in .99 cent, 1 inch, 1/32 oz spring in an envelope!

I feel like I'm getting f!@#$ed without getting kissed.

Time to find another company to give my money to I guess.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:44 pm 

There's always D&L Airguns or K&S if you need Crosman parts in a hurry. Flat rate shipping sucks but that's life...gotta try to work around it (or with it) when you can.

But, on the subject of springs, there's gotta be a good retail source for them in Canada....man, springs are used anywhere and everywhere????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:08 pm 
Admin-2-IC

damn .... $6 bucks to send a spring WTF .... same day delivery I hope...

I sent one to PerryPan, to BC only cost $ 1, the spring was priceless ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:33 pm 
Supporting Member 2013

d&l are great to deal with . so far everthing has gone well with them fo me

Post subject: it works both ways...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:34 pm 

I,ve ordered $400 worth of stuff from crosman at once, a few 24 inchers, 6 boxes of premiers, valves etc and they all came at once and guess what $6 for shipping, you don,t even wanna know what it cost them to ship it. If a part is backordered (expect it there small and don,t stock it all) you don,t get hosed for shipping the next time it goes out free shipping (always has for me and just did last week)

yes there is a guy that works there and has for some time. If you don,t wanna deal with him hang up and call back later.

I wait to order things when i have enuff to make it worth while. You won,t hear me complain about a flat rate of $6 for shipping.

Just my opinion as they have been awesome to me, and theres always other ways to do things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:38 pm 

Yep, that seems a bit absurd. If you're willing to order several parts, and they don't have a part in stock, then they should ship it to you at regular price, and when they get the other part in stock send it to you for free. Just makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:44 pm 

gee that's too bad......

didn't get what you want so pick up your toys and run home

oh well............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:46 pm 

Time bandit~ EXACTLY! Thats the way a business should run. I even explained that I was in a big hurry for the spring and even offered to pay for the backordered part for them to ship later, but was told no, there would be a seperate charge. It was the attitude more than anything. Speaking of which......

Voltar:With a comment such as that, it is obvious that you are not the same level of consumer as some on this board. You have apparently become used to the wal-mart level of service (or lack thereof) that seems to have become the norm in todays retail environment. Should you elevate yourself to the level of consumer that some of us are, you begin to expect more in exchange for the sizeable sums of money you choose to part with. But alas, for those whose biggest purchase decisions consist of "you want fries with that?" I can't really expect understanding or sympathy. There are several success stories in the Canadian market (ie: Lee Vally Tools, Princess Auto, etc.) that have become the business they are by observing one simle rule. Take care of the customer.

Sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:50 pm 

OK guys...calm down...it's just a spring.

Hey Ryan, did you get my package today? The printed barcode I have from Canada Post doesn't jive with their online tracking system (what else is new?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:56 pm 

Oh crap....dont get me started on THOSE guys!! LOL.

Nope, but I expect it will be here Monday. Thanks alot for the effort to ship it quick. Now THATS service :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:58 pm 

OK Ryan....time to grab a beer and put your feet up...I think you're reaching meltdown point soon.... :)

I better not tell you where that CP99 came from...cough...cough...Crosman....cough...cough

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:05 pm 

I can tell you one thing....it wasn't from the guy I was dealing with today. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:23 pm 

check the Crosman paperwork that I sent with the gun....there might be a rep's name on it. It may have been Sheila though....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:43 pm 

They always had the $6 flat shipping rate, so I doesn’t matter if you order a $1 item or a $300 worth of stuff it’s still going to be $6... :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:15 pm 
Admin-2-IC

I just remember my order for the RM422 that I faxed to them, a list of items and talk to somebody there and told me as soon they come in they will call me and that was a year and a half ago ..... I wonder if I should call them up now.