Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:04 pm 

Hey,
Been wanting a QB but, due to money, got a phantom instead for plunking. Well my dad kinda took over the phantom since my sights broke so I have been thinking about buying a new rifle. My buddy just got the XS60C from scopes and ammo, and I thought it was a nice well made rifle, and am considering it over the QB. To help me decide can anyone tell me if there is a modern to make it a repeater like the JRA breech did for the QB? Any XS60C owners know of good mods that help with accuracy and/or looks? Trigger mods? That kind of thing?
Thanks for reading.

Oh and I did the Google searches before posting ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:15 pm 

Personally, I would go for the QB79 or QB78. It's based on a tried and true Crosman 160 design. Additionally, the market for mods is larger due to the popularity of the gun and it being around for a long while.

I don't think a repeating device for the XS60C exist yet, but give it time and it will eventually happen. With the QB platform, there are several options to choose from.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am 
Supporting Member 2009

The XS60C is still based on the same original design (from a mechanical point-of-view) as the QB7x/AR207x guns- the Crosman 160.

That being said, I don't know of any "custom parts" available for them as of yet- they are basically a "take it out and shoot it" gun for the moment. The possibility for power upgrading (detuned versions or regular versions) does exist (assuming one has their firearms license), the XS60 seems to have limited Co2 consumption with a more efficient transfer port setup to get the same power output as the QB/AR's- and there is room for more flow to be gotten.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:29 am 

You can machine the breach to accept marauder magazines. Not a do it yourself project unless you have a mill.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:31 pm 

No PAL, no Power mods, just want to see or know what others done and what's available. I don't have a mill. I find the 60c feels better made then the QB that's why I am looking into it.