Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:32 pm 

Ihave an old mark 1 I use occasionally for grouse hunting.Ishot a bird three weeks ago,and today shot clean through a 1/4 inch sheet of plywood with the same powerlet.(using waddcutters) what is listed fps and what is it worth?thanx It is about 20 years old and in very good cond.

Post subject: MK1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:56 pm 

Sold mine a year ago for $150.00 USD, it was mint, rebuilt, new grips very powerful. Bought a 2240 which I heavily modified. The costs to convert the MK1 into a LD model and to scope it was just too much to justify, besides I needed a light carbine for a field gun that could shoot faster and further than a MK1. I miss it in some ways, but enjoy my heavy hitting 2240 Carbine running on bulk HPA as opposed to temperture sensitive CO2. From a collector point the MK1 is a keeper from a shooter's view the 2240 has more options when it comes to modifying one for performance.

Randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:04 pm 

thanks Randy,I just want to make sure I am not making a mistake by using it the bush.I would feel real bad to drop it and find out later it was worth 1500.00 Calgary! nice town... was there last spring... went to the bonesera for wings...and whiskey! Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:08 pm 
Site Moderator

The Crosman Mark1 had a velocity rating of 400fps. I have owned 7 of them and they all tested around 405-415fps with 14.3gr pellets at 68F temperature. By simply increasing hammer spring tension they can often be brought to 440fps. I had one that hit 447fps average with only a spring change. Further modifications will bring them higher.

I have paid $35Cdn to $60Cdn for the Mark 1 pistols. The one for $60 came with box, manual, and an old package of powerlets. In Canada you can sometimes find them for good prices. Crosman made lots of these pistols and sold plenty from Canadian Tire stores. They are not rare. Many shooters will sell them for $100-$125Cdn and even higher in the USA.

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:19 pm 

Too much rain this year in Calgary just finishing the tear out rebuild of my basement, but this city has been good to me otherwise. I do enjoy the performance shoulder stock, bulk HPA, longer barrel, and scope of my modified 2240 not to mention the increased power. The Americans do pay more for nice specimens also sold an older Colt 3X20 AR15 scope for 350.00 USD, so they pay more for the best.

Randy, PS they do have good wings here in Calgary, need them to keep warm in the winters!!