Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:01 pm 

OK i get it now, its one of those days lol... not sure what i was thinking :oops:
so if i use a lighter pellet therefor dropping the pressure even more and that should obviously raise the shot count.
I forgot that i chrony'd with these pellets as well :roll: :oops:
thanks Todd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm 

Ace wrote:
so if i use a lighter pellet therefor dropping the pressure even more and that should obviously raise the shot count.

That will certainly help a lot, yes.

Plus when flirting around with RPAL territory, it's better to play it safe and tune a "pistol" (I know...you have a stock, but the tube says otherwise :( ) to shoot 495 fps with standard weight pellets - i.e 14.3 gr for .22 cal.

Not saying you will ever get checked, but if they ever do for some reason or another and you are over..... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:23 pm 

lol...I totaly agree Todd will be picking up some light pellets and re chronying it :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:57 pm 

Yep, about 300 shots at the non-PAL level.... My guess is that you have wayyyyyyyyy too much hammer strike for the pressure you are running.... The extra lift and dwell from that just wastes air without any gain in velocity.... Regulated guns need tuning too, look at this graph of velocity vs. hammer spring preload....

If you are on the plateau you are just wasting air.... you want to tune for the "knee" of the curve, about 4-5 turns out on that graph.... If you check your velocity and then start reducing the preload you will probably find you can cut it back drastically before you lose ANY velocity.... Where you just start losing velocity is the place to be.... You may need to fit a drastically lighter hammer (like half the weight) to even get there, depending on the pressure you are running.... I ended up at only 450 psi....

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:26 pm 

Thanks Bob I'm going to disconnect everything, and just run a test of the tank and reg hooked up and check haw low the reg is getting the PSI down too, will report back.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:35 pm 

Question Ace. Where did you get the semi transparent macro line that exceedds 350 swp. I ve used alot of macro line for air actuated controls from 100 to 1K operateing pressures, just never a semi transparent over 350 swp.
There are times functionality superceeds cosmetics

Thanx in advance.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:11 pm 

Whitewolf wrote:
Question Ace. Where did you get the semi transparent macro line that exceedds 350 swp. I ve used alot of macro line for air actuated controls from 100 to 1K operateing pressures, just never a semi transparent over 350 swp.
There are times functionality superceeds cosmetics
Thanx in advance.

I got it from my local paintball shop, they come in quite a few colors, people like to add macro line to match there markers, i just happened to have a clear peace it wasn't really by choice, just didn't want to cut up one of my bigger lines for such a small section.

OK Bob so i ran a gauge on the LP reg and i got around 425-450 psi so the second reg definitely got things way down from 850psi. So I'm thinking after i get some lighter pellets and chrony it again I can then I can decide were to go from there. :?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:48 pm 

Missed this one. I'm a big fan of off-the-cuff and outside-of-the-box designs. Nice work here...especially on those custom bands. I wish I had the means to make those.