Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:13 pm 

greetings

its a beautiful day today, and decided i would go outside and shoot at more then 30 feet, cause frankly, that was really getting old :(

setup my homemade shooting bench and sand bags(pic# 1), i was also able to setup some targets at 30 yards, so i took the 34 and the Leverage to stretch their legs, was out there for more then 3 hours

i started with the 34 with the pellets i thought would shoot best, those would be the JSB diabolo exacts, sighted in the rifle with a few practice shots, then i went for a group of 5, as expected, its performed like the rifle that it is....outstanding (pics# 2), i'm really satisfied with it, at 30 yards, its smaller then a dime, will test it out further down range, maybe 50 yards if it will group that far, at a later date that is

then i took out the leverage which i expected to do good, well........got quite the shock, the thing was all over the place, even at 20 yards, it really got me stumped, i thought maybe the RS pellets were the cause, after all, i had shots at that distance last year using superdomes, and i seem to remember it was doing quite well, i'll review some pics from last summer to confirm, so after a few frustrating groups that a toonie wouldn't cover, i set myself up a little different on the bench and worked on my trigger pull, the groups got much better, at 30 yards, i can reach the CTC of a group of 5 with a dime, but i think it can do better then that, maybe more practice, i also noticed that the 3-9x40 Leapers scope i'm using now has a thicker reticle then the one that came with the rifle, that may have had an effect as well

Attachments:
34 bench.JPG
34 bench.JPG [ 189.68 KiB | Viewed 1487 times ]
group 34 30 y.JPG
group 34 30 y.JPG [ 217.91 KiB | Viewed 1487 times ]
group leverage 30 y.JPG
group leverage 30 y.JPG [ 257.57 KiB | Viewed 1487 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:42 pm 

Nice, must feel good to get some further shooting finally :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:24 pm 

I'd be thrilled with either of those targets. Good shootin'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:00 pm 

ACE + Edmonton...thanks guys, was quite enjoyable, and that's the main thing :)

ok ok ok, i know i can be demanding, but had to try something else with the Leverage, so i switched pellets for JSB heavies just to see if she would do better at 30 yards....seems we have a winner :D

now to see if buying those will send me to the poor house :wink:

Attachments:
leverage heavy.JPG
leverage heavy.JPG [ 240.35 KiB | Viewed 1447 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:03 pm 

How warm was it Robi? Looked like a nice spring day!
Is that the Canadian Tire Spotting scope that is on sale this week? Sure looks like the one I picked up! :D

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:20 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
Is that the Canadian Tire Spotting scope that is on sale this week? Sure looks like the one I picked up! :D

the forecast called for a sunny day and 44F, but it rose to 53F at 15h00, it may seem a bit cold, but when i closed my outside shooting season back in December, i was shooting in temperatures as low as 37F, and yes you're right, it is the spotting scope i bought from CT(the one on special), neat feature is the ring that allows you to rotate the whole thing so you can have the eyepiece facing you, the only thing is, it doesn't seem to have any sort of eye relief, but as i said before, it is functional 8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:31 pm 

robipaul wrote:
rrdstarr wrote:

the forecast called for a sunny day and 44F, but it rose to 53F at 15h00, it may seem a bit cold, but when i closed my outside shooting season back in December, i was shooting in temperatures as low as 37F, and yes you're right, it is the spotting scope i bought from CT(the one on special), neat feature is the ring that allows you to rotate the whole thing so you can have the eyepiece facing you, the only thing is, it doesn't seem to have any sort of eye relief, but as i said before, it is functional 8)

Yeah I had to have my eye right on top to see through! Thought that it might have been my near vision as I need readers most of the time!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:58 pm 

Its nice to get out and put some distance between us and our targets!!
Great shooting

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 pm 

Robi I see what you mean about the exacts with the leverage. If I could get anywhere near that at 30 I would be very happy indeed. Keep raising the bar laddie!
Thanks for the tip.

http://plinkercases.ca/