Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:44 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
inigo_151 wrote:
DocGadget wrote:
I love the steel force and in semi-auto it's really better than I tought accuracy wise.

How's the 6 round burst on the Steel Force? I've heard many people have had issues where their Steel Force's full-auto function breaks after 1000+ shots.

There appears to be three things that cause this.
1 dry bolt.
2 coil spring comes off linkage.
3 not enough force exerted by the trigger on the sear, made worse by a dry bolt.

Any ideas of prevention/remedy?

I'd like to pick one of these up when I've got the cash, but I'm trying to wrap my head around some preventative maintenance before I end up with a brick that needs an overhaul.

- Hunter S. Thompson

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:53 pm 

How about the IWI Mini Uzi & Co2 leaking out after firing a few shots, bad mags ? & what's the remedy ? We are talking about a brand new gun & mag. Heard there is only a 50 50 chance of getting a good mag.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:08 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:

There appears to be three things that cause this.
1 dry bolt.
2 coil spring comes off linkage.
3 not enough force exerted by the trigger on the sear, made worse by a dry bolt.

If I were to get a Steel Force, I'd most likely be firing full-auto 95% of the time. I guess the Steel Force is a bad choice for me haha

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:57 pm 

Any ideas of prevention/remedy?

I'd like to pick one of these up when I've got the cash, but I'm trying to wrap my head around some preventative maintenance before I end up with a brick that needs an overhaul.[/quote]

Keep the bolt well oiled and I also add a spacer to the trigger linkage to give it more travel.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:02 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
Keep the bolt well oiled and I also add a spacer to the trigger linkage to give it more travel.

Fair game. I can only assume this is a "Pellgun Appropriate" situation? Avoid muffing up any internal plastic/urethane bits, unless there's a more suitable alternative?

The spacer is a clever little trick. I'd do that one right out of the box, pre-fire.

- Hunter S. Thompson

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:16 pm 

npr.nick wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:

Fair game. I can only assume this is a "Pellgun Appropriate" situation? Avoid muffing up any internal plastic/urethane bits, unless there's a more suitable alternative?

The spacer is a clever little trick. I'd do that one right out of the box, pre-fire.

Non detergent motor oil is fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:55 pm 

Hi, new guy here.....sorry to bring back an old post, but my son has had his steel force for about 3 years, and it just quit firing. No leaking CO2, just would not fire when pulling the trigger. It leads me to believe that it is one of the issues that has already been mentioned. Before I take it apart I have been doing as much research as possible (gonna try the full auto mod as well)

Can you explain what you mean by the "bolt"? Is it the same as the charging handle? Could not find any diagrams for this gun. Can you post a pic and circle the bolt? I want to make sure it is properly oiled.

Also, can you also circle in the pic where you put the spacer, so that enough force is exerted by the trigger on the sear?

Thanks

Max

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:05 pm 

The bolt is internal. Once you split the zinc halves, you will see it. It is connected to the charging handle.
You will need to drill or drill and tap parts to fix the trigger properly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:29 pm 

Thanks, I went ahead and did the FA mod and took out the timing gear and associated pieces, and oiled the bolt.....just have to untangle the feed spring that "jumped" out......lol....

Any pics or description as to the trigger spacer?

Thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:04 pm 

lonerider wrote:
Thanks, I went ahead and did the FA mod and took out the timing gear and associated pieces, and oiled the bolt.....just have to untangle the feed spring that "jumped" out......lol.... Your's did it to, hum,

Any pics or description as to the trigger spacer?

Thanks again

Now that I know about it, it's the first out, and last in, inserting the spring thru the front of the gun and a rod that fit's inside the spring help's...
Removing the 2 front screw that hold's the false canon release the spring...

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:06 am 

Great, thank you! Do you have any pics ? Thanks again

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:16 pm 

Ok, was able to get the spring back it, was not too terribly difficult, just a matter of logistics......lol....

Thanks again for all of the help