Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: regulator question
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:06 pm 

joe hickey wrote:
I made a test stand from an old airforce pump. Since it's a hatsan at44, it came with a brass dust cover and a brass bleeder. So I just took one of them and threaded a small pipe to join the dust cap to the pump. Then plugged the hole where the hose was. All I do for testing is remove the front o ring from the tube and attach it to the pump via the dust cap. Then fill as usual. For testing, I fill the tube with a piece of teflon almost the same dia as the id of the tube. This saves a lot of pumping or air useage if you have a tank.It works great.

Not following your testing idea Joe?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
joe hickey wrote:
I made a test stand from an old airforce pump. Since it's a hatsan at44, it came with a brass dust cover and a brass bleeder. So I just took one of them and threaded a small pipe to join the dust cap to the pump. Then plugged the hole where the hose was. All I do for testing is remove the front o ring from the tube and attach it to the pump via the dust cap. Then fill as usual. For testing, I fill the tube with a piece of teflon almost the same dia as the id of the tube. This saves a lot of pumping or air useage if you have a tank.It works great.

Not following your testing idea Joe?

Maybe this might help. I should clarify. I fill the tube on the high pressure side of the reg with a teflon rod for testing, to take up most of the air space.
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 pm 

The brass cap I'm using is the dust cap. The bleeder cap has a hole in the side, so it wouldn't work. Theres a rod inside of the pump, that the valve pin hits and opens the valve when I tighten the tube in. Since I have to release all the air every time after a test, This setup with the bleeder works great. And also why I need to fill the high pressure side with a teflon rod. I only have a hand pump, and it still takes 50 or 60 strokes to pressurize the tube past the set point of the reg 20 or 30 bar.
I'm sure there are easier and probably better setups for testing, but I used what I had on hand and it didn't cost me anything.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 pm 

Nice setup Joe

Weirhauch HW100 .22
Gamo Expomatic .177
Benjamin Marauder DougP custom stock
Theoben SlR98 .22
AlEx Custom gun .22 (JezX built masterpiece) :)
Hatsan Atp2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:37 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Elisabeth Hoerter wrote:
The teknetics metal detectors really the good device to use,you can get more details at detectorall.com

What happened to the "Report post as Spam" option around here?

Edit: Seems I am having issues with something, site is locking up on me and after posting this, the ! and Report Post option re-appeared. Very strange...

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:48 am 

AirGunEric wrote:
Elisabeth Hoerter wrote:
The teknetics metal detectors really the good device to use,you can get more details at detectorall.com

What happened to the "Report post as Spam" option around here?

Edit: Seems I am having issues with something, site is locking up on me and after posting this, the ! and Report Post option re-appeared. Very strange...

Why is this posted here ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Because a bunch of spam appeared- which has obviously been removed, but not my comment on it for some reason.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.